Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Norway.. can someone help me identify these kvifes

ADVERTISEMENT
    Seriously though, if you are concerned about getting hit badly on import tax and are thinking of buying these just because they are in the country ... send me a PM and I can offer you something where the tax has already been paid ... I'd willingly help you rather than see you taken advantage of at those crazy prices ...

Quote Originally Posted by PeterPHWS View Post
    Seriously though, if you are concerned about getting hit badly on import tax and are thinking of buying these just because they are in the country ... send me a PM and I can offer you something where the tax has already been paid ... I'd willingly help you rather than see you taken advantage of at those crazy prices ...
    I run my own company so i deduct the tax on my blades by filing them as tools for my job

Quote Originally Posted by Lennox View Post
    I run my own company so i deduct the tax on my blades by filing them as tools for my job
    But thanks anyway

^ Very slick Peter.

lets take a look at the other side of the knives please.

Quote Originally Posted by idahoskunk View Post
    lets take a look at the other side of the knives please.
    What do you mean?

What do you mean?
    Flip em over. Pictures of the other side will show the shop markings.... that will give more info on age and production type

I think he wants to see more finish and any markings. Over yonder the Chinese could stamp out "Busseys" that looked just like that and give them away free with a Wok purchase.
    Hey. I have an idea !

I have been to the shop and looked at both sides of all 3 knifes and there is no markings on them

two of the knifes are recurve blades, does that count for anything

it does if you're a fan of recurves

i have no clue if it makes em worth more money

I was just in Norway, and it seemed to me that the price of most things was around 2-3 times what it is here in the US depending on where the item in question was produced origianlly. I am not talking about the currency exchange either. Essentially a $600.00 Busse in Seattle could be a $12-1800.00 Busse in Oslo. However, I did not go knife shopping in Norway, this is just the general pattern I observed while my wife was buying stuff that she could have bought when we got home.

Quote Originally Posted by BePrepared View Post
    it does if you're a fan of recurves

i have no clue if it makes em worth more money
    I like recuve blades for chopping but i think the straight blades look better

Quote Originally Posted by B Legit View Post
    I was just in Norway, and it seemed to me that the price of most things was around 2-3 times what it is here in the US depending on where the item in question was produced origianlly. I am not talking about the currency exchange either. Essentially a $600.00 Busse in Seattle could be a $12-1800.00 Busse in Oslo. However, I did not go knife shopping in Norway, this is just the general pattern I observed while my wife was buying stuff that she could have bought when we got home.
    Yes you are right on the money about things being much more expensive i Norway but special stuff like Busse knifes you can buy at the same cost as in the US + 25% sales tax .... Thanks to the internet dealers of things like this have to keep prizes down to have any cutomers at all.. But some people try to push the prizes up on some items. Someone is always willing to pay.And there is always a sucker.. When it comes to high end knifes like Busses or high end guns people do their own research and usaly pay international prizes...

Yes you are right on the money about things being much more expensive i Norway but special stuff like Busse knifes you can buy at the same cost as in the US + 25% sales tax .... Thanks to the internet dealers of things like this have to keep prizes down to have any cutomers at all.. But some people try to push the prizes up on some items. Someone is always willing to pay.And there is always a sucker.. When it comes to high end knifes like Busses or high end guns people do their own research and usaly pay international prizes...
    Well i thought i would chip in , i live in South Africa and around here sadly no one sells or buys Busse.......he he except for me . We don't have any restrictions on importing knives into South Africa , auto's anything goes but they do make us pay for it , starting with 16% Taxes and another 15% for duties + 3% for admin =34% on any knife sale . I can also claim back the tax through one of my import companies , so i do save the 16% Tax . Bottom line very few good knives make it over here , so the only chance i have is to import , to date i have imported over 160 knives from the US and no regrets on any one of them . Give me any FBM and i will squeal like a pig.

I think I paid $675-$725 for this SHe LE a few months ago if that helps. Those are way more unique but I think raptor handles are more desirable and recurves less desireable so id say $600-$900 here

Living in Norway, seen those knives in that store more than one time (seen them in another shop before that).

Here comes the story:

- The owner of those knives purchased them when the dollar was extreme high in value and allready back then, about 10 years ago, he did make a real bad deal importing them to Norway because of that diffrence between the dollar and the Norwegian Krone.

-Then after some years the shop closed down (not because of the Busse knives, but thats another story)(seen them in that shop too).

Eventhoug the ovner of the knives did a real bad deal, it dosnt justifice the price tag. Some years ago, from the new shop, i did purchase 3 pieces of M-INFI Basics (with the tre other Busses laying next too in the shop), did pay about the same as i would have payed in the US + 25% tax.

My guess; he `s just waiting for the right sucker!
    Last edited by ragnerok; 08-17-2012 at 02:33 AM.

Those are pretty cool, very unique.

But, like everyone else has said here, the price is kind of..........DAYUM!

Maybe if you do a group buy he'd shave a couple......grand...off.

Anyway, cool, very cool, but they're only worth what you think their worth.
    "Have you paid your dues, Jack? Yessir the check is in the mail" - Jack Burton, Big Trouble in Little China
    "Catch me in five minutes, I'll smell like hard liquor" - Al Bundy

Inducted Blade 2010- Ham67

Hey Lennox....... WELCOME TO THE MADNESS BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!

Lawrie.

Ergos! See if the Bully wants em!

Not a real big fan of the Variants, have a real appreciation for the Ergo lineup, just not so much for the Variants of that era.

Yep...have to agree to most of what has been said. Guy is way over on the prices, even back during the Busse Craze (ugly time to try and buy a 2nd hand market Busse) those prices you listed would have been high. To put it in perspective, I have paid 1700 for a 1 of 300 SHBM (too high but I wanted one), 1400 for the tube knife (SHBM), and a whopping 2 grand for #1 LEFSH.

So I guess it's all about what a person is willing to spend to get what they want. For me? Why would you want a E-Variant when you can buy a custom from the Busse Custom shop for alot less.

Just my 2 cents.

THIS IS INFI

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information