Thread: Queen City Cutlery?

Mason Dixon line off I-83 Tusker User Group #13

Queen City Cutlery?

ADVERTISEMENT
    I saw an ad in Knife World a couple months ago for Queen City knives. Saw yet another knife I just had to have, and promptly forgot about it. Does anyone have a link to a page of their patterns for the Queen City knives? I believe these were bone scales and 1095. I think I was interested in an English jack. It was a single blade model with scales similar to the Heritage bone series.

#76 Swell Center Jack 3 7/8 " closed

#31 Congress 4 " closed

#29 English Jack 4 1/2" closed

Here's three of the four in the Series
    Jim
    Knights of Columbus - PGK

"Hold Fast"
    "TEMPUS FUGIT MEMENTO MORI"

Don't forget the teardrop

The QCCC (script) knives are different altogether. The current Queen City are follow-ons of the economy line. A little nicer than the base work knives, but not near the quality of the QCCC line.
    Mike Latham, CollectorKnives.Net
    Great Eastern Cutlery | Case Knives | Queen Cutlery | Fallkniven
    Low Price & Satisfaction Guaranteed

When did Queen ressurect the old "Queen City" marking ? And which is the higher line, block letters or script ?
    roland

Quote Originally Posted by lambertiana View Post
    Don't forget the teardrop
    Indeed! One of my favourites there, have the Winterbottom and the Green Bone. Alas no Ebony. Big elegant knives.

Regards, Will

Mason Dixon line off I-83 Tusker User Group #13
    Looking at these pics like an addict jonesing for a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Boggs View Post

#76 Swell Center Jack 3 7/8 " closed

#31 Congress 4 " closed

#29 English Jack 4 1/2" closed

Here's three of the four in the Series
    Those are great Jim, I really like the congress.
    - Rob

Avatar Knife - Bret Dowell Ivory Swayback Jack

Rob....I agree..the Congress and English Jack for me.....................there's also a Coke Bottle Hunter in this series that was released 2mnths ago......

And Roland the Queen City knives seem to make appearances every couple of years in one form or another ....Mike has mentioned that the Queen City pictures which I've shown are a follow up to the working knives that came out last year so he feels their not quite the quality of the script Queen City (QCCC - Queen City Cutlery Co.) which were released mid 2000 in a English Jack and Tear Drop Pattern that Lambertiana shows...And I should mention that the Red Roof in the Mountains always seems to bring something out...
    Jim
    Knights of Columbus - PGK

"Hold Fast"
    "TEMPUS FUGIT MEMENTO MORI"

Quote: "the Red Roof in the Mountains always seems to bring something out... " ?? the meaning or reference eludes my small mind.
    Are the QCCC knives D2 with the same thick grind, dull edges as the regular run Queen knives ?
    ro;and

All the QCCC knives I have had were 1095, with a little thinner edge grinds, although pretty uneven and dull.

They would take a good edge, but you had to work at it.

My QCCC (Script) is much better made than the standard Queen knives. Very clean blade grind, thin edges. And 1095, that picture shows the beginning of a patina after a couple apples.

I don't know what the quality level is for the current offerings.

I'm pleased to see Queen bringing these back; very nice!

I found a badly damaged "Queen Steel" muskrat with Winterbottom Covers at a pawn shop. Both blades had been used as screwdrivers and the tips were broken off. I was able to re-shape both so that it would be a usable EDC. I need some assistance from Queen aficianados. The only marking on this knife is on the blade - no tang markings. How is Queen Steel different from Queen and Queen City? I'm having a difficult time determining if this cover material is bone or some type of plastic/delrin.
    DSC01850.jpg DSC01852.jpg DSC01853.jpg

Queen Steel is a stainless that they used in the past. I believe there were more than one type called Queen Steel.

Those scales are, from what I can see, Winterbottom Delrin.

You should start a new thread with these pictures and questions to get better answers than mine.

Older knives marked as 'Queen Steel' were 440C, according to a couple of collecting guides I've looked at. From very early on, in fact, going back to the mid-40s or so, maybe even earlier. The very earliest of them were actually marked as stainless, but buyers/users didn't like that, because stainless didn't have a good rep back then. Hence the re-labelling to 'Queen Steel', without actually changing the steel itself.

440C was 'Queen Steel' right up until the switch to D2 around 2002, I believe. The D2 knives were marked & boxed as having 'Tool Steel' blades from there on. There are some current-generation knives from Queen that are still marked as 'Queen Steel', and I believe those are in a 420-variety (either 420HC or 420J2; I've seen vendor descriptions listing either type). One of those knives is the fillet knife in Queen's very popular Amber Carved Stag Bone (ACSB) line. There might be another model or two, but I'm not sure.

The above pertains to the 'Queen Cutlery Co.' line, and not to the current line from the 'Queen City' brand, which are all carbon steel (1095).
    Last edited by Obsessed with Edges; 10-04-2012 at 07:58 PM.

Thread Information