Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Beckerhead Jobs

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinStick View Post
    Where i work, everyone is either a drug addict, drug dealer, pimp, prostitute, child molester, drunk driver, thief, burglar, murderer, rapist, domestic violence abuser, child abuser, drunk driver killer, endangers children, butcherers of people, bad check writer, white collar criminal, blue collar criminal, scamer, cyber criminal, hustler, etc. etc... . We have to be nice to these people, or we will loose our jobs. They have rights. We have cameras, lots & lots of cameras. These people use the cameras to their advantage. We are always on the defense. They will try to bait us into saying or doing something that is a "violation of their rights". They spit at & on us. They throw unknown liquids, urine & feces at us sometimes. They bite us. We do NOT have the right to know if they have a disease. They have rights. We can't violate them. Sometimes, you have seconds to make decisions that could cost you your life, the life of a co-worker or give either a career ending injury. Yet your superiors will watch the video for months on end, deciding if you did something wrong or if you could have handled it differently. They will fine you or discipline you if they deem so. They could have HIV, AIDS, Tuberculosis, Hepatitis A, B or C, Syphilis, Gonorrhea, Herpes or some other un-Godly disease. We work weekends & holidays. We do not carry guns. We do not carry mace or pepper spray. We do not carry batons. They are not locked in cells. They live in a dormitory setting. They have cable TV. A Hospital. Dental. OMH or Mental Health facility. They have a nice big yard to recreate in. Tennis/vollyball court, handball courts, basketball courts. We make $40,000+ less per year than State Troopers, yet we have Peace Officer Status & are trained in weapons, use of force, etc, etc... . So, come to NY & take the test if you need a job.

Yes, i am happy i have a job. Don't get me wrong. But my job sucks bigtime. But it pays the most for just a high school diploma, around me. The consequences are high though. We die at the average age of 58. My dad also did this job. He died 15 yrs after retirement. You get in, get bills & get trapped in---so to speak. I trust hardly anyone. I am strict with my kids because i see the consequences everyday. I am close to retirement. I can't wait. I hate my job, but it pays the bills, for the most part.

Stay in school. Go to college. Get a job you like. It makes you live longer doing something you enjoy. End of my rant.
    Quote Originally Posted by oscar4883 View Post
    Full-time Corrections Officer. In my "down time", I work for myself doing commercial tree work. Climbing, stump grinding, you name it.
    Then you can relate !!!! What's up brother ?

So much for a joking comment.... o.O

Quote Originally Posted by TwinStick View Post
    Then you can relate !!!! What's up brother ?
    LOL Nothing like watching a pedophile and a guy who has dismembered a few people read the bible together and then going to the dining hall and having a meal prepared by a dope fiend who probably has Hep C. LOL The joys of corrections!

I am not a Beckerhead yet, but hopefully soon. I am active duty USAF. My specialty is Aircraft Structural Maintenance, some may know it as "airframe repair." The easiest way to picture it is being a body shop for aircraft (fighters, bombers, cargo, rotary). I am currently a technical training instructor for my field. The pictures below are from my first deployment to the sandbox 2005.

3rd from right

Awesome pics jukrui, stick around and you'll be a BH in no time. Also, thanks for your service sir.

I decided I need a job, but since I doubt anyone would hand me cash or bother taking the time to write out a check, I'm offering my manual labor services for just a few things:

Will work for food, Beckers, other knives that have out stayed their welcome, a comfortable place to sleep at night, minimum 40 hours a week on Xbox live, and an apprentice ship in anything outdoors.

Quote Originally Posted by oXide View Post
    I decided I need a job, but since I doubt anyone would hand me cash or bother taking the time to write out a check, I'm offering my manual labor services for just a few things:
    Repeat after me: "You want fries with that?"

Quote Originally Posted by jukrui View Post
    I am not a Beckerhead yet, but hopefully soon. I am active duty USAF. My specialty is Aircraft Structural Maintenance, some may know it as "airframe repair." The easiest way to picture it is being a body shop for aircraft (fighters, bombers, cargo, rotary). I am currently a technical training instructor for my field. The pictures below are from my first deployment to the sandbox 2005.

3rd from right
    Welcome! Is that at TQ?

Quote Originally Posted by K9-Handler View Post
    Repeat after me: "You want fries with that?"
    Yes, please.

toledo, ohio BECKERHEAD 264 spydernation 419
    Get into construction

Quote Originally Posted by oscar4883 View Post
    LOL Nothing like watching a pedophile and a guy who has dismembered a few people read the bible together and then going to the dining hall and having a meal prepared by a dope fiend who probably has Hep C. LOL The joys of corrections!

LOL yup, you got that right !

I'm a glorified security guard for the guberment. I'm at work right now! The pay and benefits are pretty good and there's not really any actual work involved. Getting up at 5:30am sucks hind-end but ya can't have everything.

Ok you guys got me..... I'm really Brad Pitt

Quote Originally Posted by Psyop View Post
    Welcome! Is that at TQ?
    Negative. LSA A (JBB)

Quote Originally Posted by jukrui View Post

I am active duty USAF. My specialty is Aircraft Structural Maintenance, some may know it as "airframe repair."
    Fly, Fight, and Win!

Marine Mechanic, get to work on all kinds of awesome boats

[QUOTE=Rotte;11293713]Fly, Fight, and Win!

Awesome, a fellow Airman! Stay safe brother.

my girlfriend is a stripper. she takes care of me and i'm a stay at home dad (without the kids) ...i assume the role of a 50's woman, i cook, clean, and am at the ready for her sexual needs. when i need money for my knives she provides : )

A freelance post-production sound engineer . I sit in a dark , acoustically isolated room all day (nights too) , listening to the same sound-bite over and over and over and over again .
    Maybe it explains something .

Img_0318BW.jpg
    Last edited by stifa; 09-16-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Not a beckerhead yet, but I'm a Professional Geophysicist (P.Geo.) working in mineral exploration and I have a small consulting company. I've been at it for almost 20 years now and still love my job, it's taken me to some of the remotest places on the planet. I mainly do gravity and magnetic surveys.

Nothing like getting paid to walk in the woods!
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" R.W.Emerson
    RATPACK #37

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information