Thread: Jim Hammond Cobra Gold II folder--preban ivory

Jim Hammond Cobra Gold II folder--preban ivory

ADVERTISEMENT
    I am selling a real treasure here. It is Jim Hammonds #19 Collector Grade Cobra Gold folder. Here is what Jim had to say about it:

"It's a Cobra Gold II (full size) collector grade tactical folder I did back in the mid to late 90's. I show it to be serial #19 because it appears to have elephant ivory scales with the thong hole being deleted. The steel is ATS-34 stainless. It has integral 416 stainless bolsters and liners. The locking spring is heat treated berylium copper and is slightly recessed down into the frame. The stop pin has hidden pin arms extending into the bolster. The bevels are mirror finished and the flats have a hand-rubbed satin finish.

I show the knife to have been completed March 23, 1998. That series was discontinued and replaced with my Cruiser folder series. That Cobra Gold folder was a spin off of my fixed blade Cobra Gold. That folder was sure a pain to make but was a cool little folder."

The blade is 4", closed length is 5" and the ivory scales are at least .25". The mechanics are absolutely perfect. Silky smooth action, zero play lockup, easy lock release, early lockup, dead centered blade and a nice detent.

The knife is overall in near mint condition. There is one very light table mark on the bolster where it meets the facet. I've angled the knife such that the light catches the scratch and is accentuated. In hand it is barely noticeable. The rest of the piece is pristine, including the ivory.

spf shipped fedex 2nd day in the US, paypal fees included
    International at buyer's expense and risk of loss.

I will consider partial or full trades for custom folders.

Last edited by darcuss; 09-03-2012 at 05:25 PM.

I cant seem to find your asking price, Am I missing it somewhere or is this a trade piece only.

Joe,
    It is sold pending funds, so I removed the price. Email me if you'd like to know.

Thread Information