Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Mule Display Cabinet

New Mule Display Cabinet

ADVERTISEMENT
    I've been working to get a cabinet to showcase some of my Mules for the past year. I originally started out to build a cabinet myself - but my skills just aren't up to the task. So I searched around looking for just the right cabinet - and found it from an eBay vendor who makes a variety of cabinets, including this one for shot-glasses. it has nine shelves, and I had him add a lock to the front for a few bucks extra.

When I got the cabinet, I realized I needed some light, so I picked up an LED light strip kit from Home Depot and installed it around the edge of the cabinet so that the LEDs were hidden when the door was closed. I mounted the electronics on the bottom shelf and cut a hole in the side to mount the dimmer/power switch to the outside.

I haven't got all my knife scale projects in the case yet, but it is nice to have the Mules out where I can enjoy them!

TedP

Wow. That is epic!

That's beautiful. Nice work!!

Blog Entries
    Very nice, Ted!

I would be very interested in the plans for a nice cabinet like that -

Nice work!

best

mqqn

Signature by slg98 -thanks Sam!
    Andy
    Blade Forums Rules. Click here.

I like it. I've been thinking of doing something similar with my Military collection. Cool work!

Very cool!

WOW pretty much sums it up. That truly is an outstanding collection. You have a gift Sir. I enjoy your work.

Silly question, do you have a favorite?

oh my. that is enviable. nice work indeed.

That is exactly what I've been looking for!! Can you please fwd me a link to the eBay merchant / cabinet maker?

Thank you very much!

By the way are those all spydercos? What is the one on the third shelf on the right?

That is exactly what I've been looking for!! Can you please fwd me a link to the eBay merchant / cabinet maker?

Thank you very much!

By the way are those all spydercos? What is the one on the third shelf on the right?

Great collection.

That is really nice. Great job on the lights and love your mule collection.

Very nice Ted! Good looking cabinet and some really great looking scales.

Nice cabinet Ted. Great scales on Mules. Making me jealous.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell
    My top EDC choices 2013 Spyderco Forum Native5, Ti Fluted N5, DIW N5, my Calys and C83 Persian

Quote Originally Posted by CKing View Post

Thank you very much!

CKing - Check out the listings on eBay by the seller makewine8qlg. His store is at http://stores.ebay.com/uniquedisplaycases. Great guy to deal with.

The knives in the case right now are all Spydies - the one you are looking at is a Swick 2 with purpleheart scales. It was quite fun to work on. It is very small compared to the regular Mules and has a lot more detail that need to be worked. It gives you less room for error, in any event!

I have a lot of other non-Spydie knives that I've put scales on - including a few Scandi-style blades and some damascus fixed blades (e.g., Alabama Damascus, Two-Finger, Kanetsune Seki). I'll get those into the cabinet at some point.

And of course, I'm looking forward to MT-14, the 204P Mule! I'm going to do one in Ironwood Burl to put in the cabinet, and a second one in micarta as a second camp knife (mostly for food prep).

TedP
    Last edited by phillipsted; 09-06-2012 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler_9 View Post
    WOW pretty much sums it up. That truly is an outstanding collection. You have a gift Sir. I enjoy your work.

Silly question, do you have a favorite?
    Actually, my favorite Mule isn't in the cabinet. It is my M4 Mule that serves as my primary camp knife. I put some natural micarta scales on it and have put a lot of wear and tear on that thing over the past couple of years. Had an artisan make me a small kydex clipped sheath for it. It sits on my hip for a few weeks every summer - and many weekends throughout the year. It has a little pitting, but it sharpens up quickly - and because of the non-epoxied pivot-bolted scales, I disassemble it a couple of times a year, clean it, TufGlide it, and reassemble. M4 is fantastic stuff!

TedP

Actually Ted sorry i meant right, 4th row.

The blades look like a spyderco temperance but the scales look as if they atach to the blade with a different pattern than the temperance.

Quote Originally Posted by CKing View Post
    The blades look like a spyderco temperance but the scales look as if they atach to the blade with a different pattern than the temperance.
    CK - The bottom five shelves are all standard Mules (with various steels). The sixth and seventh shelves from the bottom contain three Spyderco WoodCraft Mules and one Swick 2. The top shelf has a regular Mule in orange Corian. Hope that helps!

BTW, if anyone has leads on where to pick up a Bushcraft O1 Mule, I'd appreciate a PM!

Very nice display case thank you for sharing your idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information