Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I carry this?

Question Should I carry this?

ADVERTISEMENT
    I just got a package in the mail that I ordered myself for my birthday, and in it contained a discontinued benchmade kulgera that i found in stock at a knife store in vancouver and got it with the intent of just fondling and playing with it, but now I realize how much I like it and am contemplating using it in my edc d what do you think I should do?

When in doubt, use the heck out of it!

Do it

You only live once. As Charlie Mike once said, "Life is too short to carry an ugly knife, and life is too ugly to carry a short knife"

Well, you might be able to resell it later to someone who likes them since they're discontinued. I got rid of one and am regretting it as a matter of fact.

I carried mine for quite a while as my EDC, it was really great in that purpose.

Edit:

Oh and the only reason I sold it is because it gradually fell out of my EDC rotation and I needed to make ends meet. Somewhere there's some lucky guy that got it for $30

Use it!!!! Seriously. I use all of my knives, no matter how expensive, no matter how rare.

I cannot answer without pictures!

Use it lightly. Don't loan it, don't pry anything with it, and it'll retain most of it's value if you ever want to resell it.
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic318088_2.gif
    May your life be more than a series of chance events.

Safe queening knives (or anything for that matter) is really something I will never understand. If I didn't USE all of my knives and enjoy all of them, there would be no hobby here for me. I would carry a SAK or shitty folder on occasion and get by just fine like the majority of people.

But alas, using these nice, well made knives is just a shit ton of fun. Use it, enjoy it...you'll be happy you did.

I once carried an original Remington bullet knife valued at $600.00. It was the best feeling in the world. I sold it several months later and still made a profit over what I had in it.

One of the greatest beauties of a knife is its performance. Use it!

Blog Entries
    use it !

Quote Originally Posted by Steel130 View Post
    One of the greatest beauties of a knife is its performance. Use it!
    Perfectly said.

Blog Entries
    Use it or sell it.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the knives I cannot buy, the budget to buy ones I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
    http://www.youtube.com/CMFTWknives
    Support Your Local Outlaw Knifemaker!

Use it and enjoy using it like a sports car. For heavier work use another knife like a beater.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmateur View Post
    I just got a package in the mail that I ordered myself for my birthday, and in it contained a discontinued benchmade kulgera that i found in stock at a knife store in vancouver and got it with the intent of just fondling and playing with it, but now I realize how much I like it and am contemplating using it in my edc d what do you think I should do?
    You can EDC it along with another one. Use it for light tasks while the other one for the more heavy tasks. Basically, keep it as a glorified letter opener.

I never understand posts/questions like this- "What should I do with MY knife?"

It's your knife, do what you want to with it. I personally can't imagine that there is any issue in this workld where I would allow a bunch of strangers on the internet to make my decision for me.

If you want to use it then use it. Of course, no one on this forum is going to buy you a new one if you damage it or lose it, so it's easy for us to say "Hell yeah, use that sucker!".

If you want to keep it at home as a thing of beauty to admire, I don't see anything wrong with that.

If you want to keep it pristine as an investment to sell later, nothing wrong with that either.

I also don't understand the idea of "Use it but use it gently". Doesn't that defeat the purpose of carrying a knife as a cutting tool if you have to baby it and only use it for the lightest of tasks. How is that really any different than leaving it at home if you only use it to cut string? Of course you could carry a second knife as a back-up to the "precious" knife for real cutting chores, but that doesn't make sense to me either.

Carry it, use it, enjoy it...

I think you should use it.
    Because honestly, knives were made as tools with the intention of them being used.
    So why not?
    Just because it won't look as pretty or it won't be worth as much?
    So?
    Using it in my opinion, gives me a feeling that I just got my moneys worth.
    I enjoy using my knives, I enjoy the marks on them from being used. It means they've been well loved and done what they were made for.

Why would not use a tool? as long as the work is reasonable the worst that should happen is that there are a few more scratches.

It's not a gold class or limited production for possible collection right?

USE IT!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information