Thread: SOLD - Emerson Mini Commander, Customized, $110o.b.o

SOLD - Emerson Mini Commander, Customized, $110o.b.o

ADVERTISEMENT
    Knife is now SPF...

For your consideration is an Emerson Mini Commander. It has a 3.4" blade and is a nice knife. This one was purchased here on BF and then sent by my back to Emerson for warranty work due to some vertical blade play. I got the knife back with a new lock bar side and a new stop pin. The knife is like new in regards to the lock and works great. Emerson also sharpened it and the edge looks like new.

I find the stock G10 from Emerson way to rough, as it destroys my jeans pockets quick. After cleaning the scales, I applied thin epoxy to the scales and also gave them a light sanding. This resulted in a more shiny G10, with a good balance of grip and not so rough as to tear up your pocket. Did a similar thing on my full-size Commander and I love it. I used West System epoxy, which is some really good stuff. Not a hack job by any means. The finish is reminiscent of early Emersons or the Benchmade 710 G10 finish.

I also gave the metal liners a brushed finish on the edges, which removed the rough vertical lines found on a stock Emerson. This was done at 220 grit and matches the finish of the blade. I applied the same technique to the thumb disk surface (not the sides) and the pivot screw components.

Overall, it turned out great and the knife is a good-looking, functional blade with that Emerson attitude. This one is a bit more non-knife people friendly.

Ok, picture time:

I'm confident that you'll like the knife. I'm happy to offer a refund if you do not. The price is $110o.b.o, including Paypal fees and shipping via USPS Priority Mail to CONUS.
    Last edited by hondahirny; 09-09-2012 at 11:18 PM.

Mini commder

Quote Originally Posted by hondahirny View Post
    For your consideration is an Emerson Mini Commander. It has a 3.4" blade and is a nice knife. This one was purchased here on BF and then sent by my back to Emerson for warranty work due to some vertical blade play. I got the knife back with a new lock bar side and a new stop pin. The knife is like new in regards to the lock and works great. Emerson also sharpened it and the edge looks like new.

I find the stock G10 from Emerson way to rough, as it destroys my jeans pockets quick. After cleaning the scales, I applied thin epoxy to the scales and also gave them a light sanding. This resulted in a more shiny G10, with a good balance of grip and not so rough as to tear up your pocket. Did a similar thing on my full-size Commander and I love it. I used West System epoxy, which is some really good stuff. Not a hack job by any means. The finish is reminiscent of early Emersons or the Benchmade 710 G10 finish.

I also gave the metal liners a brushed finish on the edges, which removed the rough vertical lines found on a stock Emerson. This was done at 220 grit and matches the finish of the blade. I applied the same technique to the thumb disk surface (not the sides) and the pivot screw components.

Overall, it turned out great and the knife is a good-looking, functional blade with that Emerson attitude. This one is a bit more non-knife people friendly.

Ok, picture time:

I'm confident that you'll like the knife. I'm happy to offer a refund if you do not. The price is $110o.b.o, including Paypal fees and shipping via USPS Priority Mail to CONUS.
    Is your knife still for sale? If so please let me know and I'll take it. Thanks

I'll take seconds. Thanks.

Commander is SPF to BGWGN. Idsabinadi, you've got seconds if it falls through. Thanks guys!

3rd please

PayPal payment sent. Thank you

Payment received and knife is in a box. Thanks!

Thread Information