Thread: Case BackPocket / check

Case BackPocket / check

ADVERTISEMENT
    This is one of those knives that has been in and out of the cart more times than I can count. I finally pulled the trigger on a Red Case/TB BackPocket. I have read and watched all I can find on this knife. For those who have one how about sharing a little of your personal observations about it. Thanks folks.

jwh

While I don't own one I've handled several examples of the knife. I feel that it's by all means a fine pattern that feature a great not overly thick blade profile as well as a nice substantial handle. I do wish however that Case would offer it in a lockback variation.

I haven't carried it a whole lot yet as it shifts around too much with shorts compared to jeans. But with jeans it slides in the pocket next to my wallet and stays there til I need it. Nice knife:

4. Recently, I bought a BackPocket from another forum member. It is a bit larger than the knives that I usually carry in my front pocket but it carries well when I follow the instructions (see video). It fits my hand well and it's sharp as a razor but that's not surprising since Kerry put the edge on it.

Is this backpocket thing kind of like those people that wear a hat backwards, and then use their hand to block the sun from hitting their eyes?
    Just kidding...

But i really dig the patina on the back one supratentorial.

6. Thank you, shrapne1. It was acid etched and blued by Kerry.

P.S. Tony and Kerry are both wearing their hats forward in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by supratentorial View Post

If I may ask, what is the blade length from the top of the bolster to the tip? I have been looking at these for a while, but I have always been concerned about the legality of me carrying one around here.

A good buddy of mine carries one all the time.
    He used it on three big ol' PA deer a couple years back and the knife was as solid and as sharp as a knife should be.

Look beautiful with that blood patina too.

9. The blade length is 3.5"

Quote Originally Posted by whetrock View Post
    While I don't own one I've handled several examples of the knife. I feel that it's by all means a fine pattern that feature a great not overly thick blade profile as well as a nice substantial handle. I do wish however that Case would offer it in a lockback variation.
    That would be sweet.

jwh

Quote Originally Posted by zippofan View Post
    I haven't carried it a whole lot yet as it shifts around too much with shorts compared to jeans. But with jeans it slides in the pocket next to my wallet and stays there til I need it. Nice knife:
    Nice knife. Thanks or info.

jwh

Thnaks for info Jke. I did see that video. Good looking knives.

jwh

Quote Originally Posted by johnny twoshoes View Post
    A good buddy of mine carries one all the time.
    He used it on three big ol' PA deer a couple years back and the knife was as solid and as sharp as a knife should be.

Look beautiful with that blood patina too.
    Good info, thanks.

jwh

I've considered one of these too at various times. is the snap on the backspring solid? I have heard that it can be a bit soft, since the blade and spring are so thin.

Mason Dixon line off I-83 Tusker User Group #13
    Quote Originally Posted by supratentorial View Post
    Recently, I bought a BackPocket from another forum member. It is a bit larger than the knives that I usually carry in my front pocket but it carries well when I follow the instructions (see video). It fits my hand well and it's sharp as a razor but that's not surprising since Kerry put the edge on it.

Thanks for sharing the videos, and I love the patina on that top one.

I have a first run ebony backpocket, and picked up a skinner backpocket recently. It does not have the oomph of the first backpocket I got, but it still has some power in the springs. I like this version a lot better, but still like my backpocket.

I picked up three of these a couple years ago; red, ebony, and chestnut. I carried the brown one, and gave the red one to a buddy one day when he was needing a little something in his life to make it better. Back then it was a good size and handy. Now I'm back in an office and that's too big for EDC. Still, I liked the fact it wasn't too wide a blade (a major problem with blades over 3"). For slipjoints I prefer thin blades.
    Looking for Irish/Congress Jacks, especially a Remington.

Quote Originally Posted by eisman View Post
    I picked up three of these a couple years ago; red, ebony, and chestnut. I carried the brown one, and gave the red one to a buddy one day when he was needing a little something in his life to make it better. Back then it was a good size and handy. Now I'm back in an office and that's too big for EDC. Still, I liked the fact it wasn't too wide a blade (a major problem with blades over 3"). For slipjoints I prefer thin blades.
    Thanks for the feedback.

jwh

Thread Information