Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I sold a Knife for a gun, does this make me a bad person?

I sold a Knife for a gun, does this make me a bad person?

ADVERTISEMENT
    So I recently sold one of my favorite knives for a gun (sage 2 for savage mark 2). I love the gun but miss the knife. Will this feeling of hurt ever go away and have yall ever sold a knife to fund a non-knife purchase?

Seems smart to me.

Dont fear - I have done the same. I predict you will get another sage 2.

I sold a few knives (Tilt, 0500 Mudd, speed bump, 0551) to fund a mountain bike. I couldn't be happier with the trade off!

Last edited by 00ChevyScott; 09-09-2012 at 09:23 PM.

Yes, you are a bad person. And yes, it will hurt until you get another. im experiencing the same thing with selling my Gayle Bradley.. Bad mistake. Luckily, for us, they come up for sale pretty often.

Hey, sometimes you've got to branch out from knives, no biggie.

No, but I want to sell one of my guns to fund a knife

Nice purchase. I love my 17HMR Savage and probably go with a Mark 2 for a .22. I particularly like the accu-trigger.
    Dan (dsmegst)

Paper Wheels? What are these "Paper Wheels" you speak of?

Many years ago I had to sell most of my gun collection to pay medical bills. I only regret selling one of them. With any luck I will be able to replace it in a few more years. Don't think about it, enjoy your new toy with no regrets and the feelings will dissipate.
    "Compromising your belief structures ultimately leads to disillusion, dissatisfaction and distrust"
    NRA Life Endowment Member, BCCI Life Member #2379
    AKTI Member. Knife Rights Member.
    Life is dull without Paper Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by jkwithawave View Post
    No, but I want to sell one of my guns to fund a knife
    I'm right there with you. I've been a gun fanatic my whole life, but the knife bug has consumed me over the last year! I'm ready to sell my SIG P226 for a wicked edge and another knife!

I'm confused. Were you so strapped for cash that you had to sell a great knife to buy an inexpensive gun? Why didn't you just keep the knife and buy the gun. Is there a law where you live that says you can't own both of them?

How much was the Savage? They are nice guns but at the low end of prices, definately not Weatherbys, etc.

Was there a woman involved in this decision?

I am always selling toys to buy more toys! The circle of life my friend!

That's not a real mountain bike--it's a Trek.....(just kidding) Nice bike by the way.
    "Sometimes, I guess there just aren't enough rocks"

Quote Originally Posted by Monofletch View Post
    I am always selling toys to buy more toys! The circle of life my friend!
    Yep...the circulation is half the fun. I sold a boat load of knives (Rosellis I'd never use, LOTS of Gerbers, all my serrated Spydercos, some of which were mildly collectable, etc.) on a popular auction site. It was fun, I got a boat load of cash and guess what, bought better knives (ESEEs, a whole new stable of plain edge Spydercos etc). Sold one or two guns to fund another. Some people accumulate...some people circulate. I find that as the circulation progresses, one settles into what one really wants to keep.

I've got a BIG N-Frame 627 8-shot .357 magnum revolver. Paid a fortune for it new. Love it...would never in a million years carry it unless I was fly-fishing in Alaska or Northern Idaho or somewhere where I'd need to worry about bears (and I don't fly fish...any place). Best double action trigger. Love shooting it. Would sell it in a minute if I got a good offer.

Not sure I own a knife I wouldn't sell if tendered a good offer. I'd have to make money on one of my favorites (which I'd just replace at a profit).

Some people accumulate...some people circulate. I am somewhere in the middle really.

I sold several knives over the last year including a Buck 124 in rough shape I found at a pawn shop(sent it back to Buck for refurb) took the money to a gunshow and bought a Glock 21 and a no lock S&W 642.Could not have been happier the knives were just sitting in a box and not being used.

I've traded guns for knives.
    Buy my book! Amazon: Kindle: Barnes and Noble:

I have no dinosaur in this orgy.

I sold my first entire collection of knives to fund a mountain bike last year. I am one of those people who can't simultaneously focus on multiple hobbies (probably a good thing). Once summer rolled around and it was too hot to ride I started another knife collection again. I really miss a couple of those knives I sold.

You MIGHT regret it once the excitement of the gun wears off.
    Beckerhead #119

Selling a Knife for a gun doesn't make anyone a bad person. Selling a Chris Reeve for a Cold Steel does.

Quote Originally Posted by GAM3INO View Post
    I'm right there with you. I've been a gun fanatic my whole life, but the knife bug has consumed me over the last year! I'm ready to sell my SIG P226 for a wicked edge and another knife!
    If I had the cash I'd help you with that, I've always wanted a P226.

One leg up on Gus' short bus in Bastidville.
    Right about 3 years ago, I sold a bunch of knives and they greatly helped me start a business. I miss the knives .
    "There is no further education to be gained by the second kick of a mule".

Please read the Forum rules.

Quote Originally Posted by celticpride2133 View Post
    So I recently sold one of my favorite knives for a gun (sage 2 for savage mark 2). I love the gun but miss the knife. Will this feeling of hurt ever go away and have yall ever sold a knife to fund a non-knife purchase?
    I've only sold 3 knives, and all three were little-used members of my collection that I sold to reimburse myself after spend $150 that I didn't really have on two other knives

If the feeling doesn't go away, it means you need another Sage 2.
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic318088_2.gif
    May your life be more than a series of chance events.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information