Thread: Vintage info for you axe hound's who use em

Vintage info for you axe hound's who use em

ADVERTISEMENT
    I ran across an OLD Hand me down recently and thought some of you might find some of the info of use.I'll down load more photo's as the thread grow's and maybe someone with more clout will turn it into a sticky.They don't make book's like this anymore so you may want to make copy's and enlarge them for future reference.

You may have to squint alittle to read the word's__ENJOY

Actually reprints of this are still available. It's currently published under the title of "Musson's Lumber and Log Pocket Book," although I think the title changed quite a bit over time.

Quote Originally Posted by nickzdon View Post
    Actually reprints of this are still available. It's currently published under the title of "Musson's Lumber and Log Pocket Book," although I think the title changed quite a bit over time.
    That's good to hear,i'll have to find out where i can pick up a new copy and put this one away

Quote Originally Posted by COAL CREEK FORGE View Post
    That's good to hear,i'll have to find out where i can pick up a new copy and put this one away
    Yeah, the historical aspect of that one is irreplaceable. What's the title of it? I think this book was sold to different timber and lumber companies for them to put their own names on.

Quote Originally Posted by COAL CREEK FORGE View Post
    Yeah, the historical aspect of that one is irreplaceable. What's the title of it? I think this book was sold to different timber and lumber companies for them to put their own names on.

Lee Valley offers a reprint of "Musson's Improved lumber and log Pocket book"

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...096,51560&ap=1

I'll have to see if its in stock next time I get there.

That looks like a great book. Thanks for calling our attention to it. Looks like it's available to read online or download for free:

Read online:
    http://books.google.com/books?id=lqp...page&q&f=false

Download free .pdf
    http://books.google.com/books/downlo...Dpdf%26hl%3Den
    (after entering the captcha code to download it, the zoom needed to be set to 200% to read easily on my computer)

Thanks for the links.....some cool info. Even tells you how to "cure a scratch on a horse." i thought that was funny..

............and thanks for a look at that old book. Do you know what year the book that you have is? Looks pretty damn old! cool stuff

Thread Information