Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lubricant of choice

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by bonusmarple View Post
    Ballistol user here. I prefer perfume in my mineral oil to attract the chicks.
    Now that is funny!

And it made me go check the label of my Ballistol, because I certainly do prefer it's aroma to CLP or Shooter's Choice.

Rem oil sometimes but mineral oil lately because of the big bottle. Not much is needed so that will last a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrin View Post
    Hello. Since this is the Traditional Knife Forum your question would probably be better answered in the Balisong/Butterfly Knife forum, ( http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/fo...ly-Knife-forum ). Try posting your question there. I'm sure you'll get a lot of good advise.
    Oh, my bad, I didn't realize I was in the traditional forum, I just happened across here on the front forum page. Shoulda checked that before I asked, thought it was a general knife discussion, sorry!

Wd-40 while I'm building a folder and working and breaking in the washers. Once the knife is complete I put a drop of tuff glide on each side of the blade around the pivot. Been working for me so far.
    Website www.RobertCarterKnives.com
    Instagram @robertcarterknives

Balistol works well for me.

Mineral oil, 3 in 1, WD40, mostly when i clean them, i also have a bottle of some mineral oils with anti corrosion additives, or at least that's what the label says, but usually i just use what i have closer from the above.

Mineral oil here too.
    I Love Knives

There is a type of musical instrument valve oil I have been curious about using on my folders lately. Its called "SpaceFiller" and worked amazing on my trumpet valve. It took only one drop and lasted a week or two without fail. Does anyone have experience with this oil?

I use WD-40 on most of my knives, unless it's a food knife, then I usually keep it dry. A bit of WD-40 in your food from a pocket knife won't hurt though.

+1 on mineral oil
    PHILLIP
    VANCEHAM

Militec

I'm one of those who's used what has been on hand. When I was a Cub Scout leader I was trying all kinds of lubes on Pinewood Derby cars for the dad's open class races (the boys could use dry powdered lube, period, and we tried 'em all!) including NyOil and Krytox. Since those are meant to be applied and wiped off to leave a thin film I haven't used it much for traditionals though I did use it on a couple flippers (Krytox works great but costs $$).

Since we have a lot of model trains I tried Labelle light oil, it's OK but seems no better than 3in1. Lately I've been using TuffGlide on pivots and the Marine wipes for blades. But I'm really curious about Ballistol. I've also used mineral oil on blades but not on pivots yet.

i like good ol G-96. i always have several cans around and i figure if its good enough for my guns, its good enough for my knives.

Mineral oil for me. Cheap and I can coat my blade once in a while

Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post

Casting another first place vote for Quick Release on slipjoints. Have most of those other products on hand too and no longer use them on knives.

Interesting. I need to get some and see how it works.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information