Thread: Short Case CV Peanut Review

Short Case CV Peanut Review

ADVERTISEMENT
    I got the knife on Tuesday, but the weather up here has been awful so I haven't had a chance to take pictures until today.
    Anyways, I have to say I love this knife. I've never been a small slipjoint guy, so I had to adjust to carrying this over the past 5 days. When it first arrived I was first impressed with the fit and finish. Blades dead center, nice grinds on the main and secondary blades. As I started to carry it I began to realize, despite its small size, it was very comfortable to use. The blades sharpened up very nicely, which i am happy about. Still razor sharp after using it for almost a week. So I'll keep it in my pocket for another month and report back some more findings.

*Compared to what I usually carry
    -Tom

Looking for Easy Open Jacks of all variety...

Congratulations, you sure did get a pretty one!

Welcome to the club. Small and sharp is a deadly combination!

-- Mark

The 'nuts are great tools... especially for an urban enviroment. The blades are somekind of scalpellike (I thanked God already several times for the halfstop)

I´m sure, you´ll be happy with it, Small But A Great Tool After All.

You can call me Pappa Andi!
    Nun war dieser brave Lehrer, Von dem Tobak ein Verehrer, Was man ohne alle Frage, Nach des Tages Müh und Plage, Einem guten, alten Mann, Auch von Herzen gönnen kann.
    (Wilhelm Busch, german author, 1832 - 1908)

They really are a mini scalpel for sure. I carry mine when I need a real small knife that dissapears in my pocket. I do find that for typical every day carry I end up reaching for my Case SBJ over the Peanut most of the time. It is amazing how much can be done with such a small knife though.

I bought one of these (pocket worn red bone) for my daughter and she adores it, brilliant for lots of every day cutting tasks and very 'tactile' as well. Must say when I unwrapped it to check it over and see whether it needed sharpening prior to my giving it to her I did wish that I had bought one for myself. I currently have a Case mini trapper in my pocket which I also find an excellent EDC. Neither of mine are CV though, next purchases will be.

I love carrying my Peanut. You don't notice it in your pocket once you drop it in.

I picked up one several months ago and it makes it into my pocket on a regular basis. Quite capable despite it's diminutive appearance.

Heh, heh heh. You're hooked. Mr. Jackknife you have another one. Welcome to the club.

You're pocket will thank you. I've got so used to the light weight, anything much more than a peanut now feels like a brick in the pocket. That's a nice looking easy opener though, and I've always been a sucker for stag.

Yeah, you get used to a 'nut, and it's another recruit for the cult!

Carl.

That's a nice one, makes me jealous
    Careful, the lure of the peanut is very strong, especially after it gets carried for a while...
    Welcome to the cult

You can say the Peanut is too small...and I do...often...but you still have to love it.

Well Vangaurd, I'm glad you like it. Like you I pair it with a larger knife, but I'll be curious to see which knife you reach for when you need to cut something, even though I have a moose, stockman or jack in my pocket the peanut gets used most of the time. I am starting to see why Jackknife and others have moved to carrying just the peanut, and when you think of what primitive man did with stone tools the peanut should be fine in the world we live in today.

Looks like a real keeper. I'd like to try out the peanut one day

The peanut is traditional minimalism at its finest. I really like the red bone CV combo, always have.

my chestnut bone cv peanut is great except... the kicks on both blades are mashed! i got them that way. don't tell me the spring is harder than chrome vanadium? of did the maker mash them on purpose to adjust the height of the 'closed'? either case is rather disappointing. i also got a similar small toothpick and the kick is without deformation. now i'm afraid to snap it close.

Thread Information