Thread: Chris Reeve Al Mar colaboration

Chris Reeve Al Mar colaboration

ADVERTISEMENT
    Don't know if anyone can shed some light on these Chris reeve Al Mar knives that I have.
    They came with paperwork and original packaging but I can't seem to find anything out about them.
    On the paperwork under knife, they are called Al Mar Proto but I do not know if this was some one off or whether there was ever a run of this knife.
    There are three sizes, small, medium and large and the are a black hollow handle knife with a small area or seration on the blade.
    The sheaths and the knives both have the Reeve stam and the Al mar chop and the the blades are also stamped "Proto".
    One is marked made in January 1998 and the other two, February 1999.
    any help on this would be much apreciated.

Maurice.

Deleted
    Last edited by kaosu04; 09-16-2012 at 01:58 PM.

If u can send me some HIGH RES pictures i can compare them to my #009 set. PM or email me-dax0007AThotmail

CRK made these knives for Al Mar back in 1998 and 1999 and the blade steel was A2. It is difficult to tell from your photos but I doubt they are fakes. The markings on the blade look correct but I have only seen numbered versions, not protos.
    They were available in 4, 5.5 and 7.5 inch versions.

Last edited by dax0007; 09-16-2012 at 11:37 AM. Reason: I gave wrong info!! Sorry

MY LARGE SIZE has the AL MAR seperated with the CHOP.. My middle one does not..

I believe the 5.5 inch version was made in 1998 and the 4 and 7.5 inch versions were made in 1999. Does this match with what you have?

sk8n- u are 100% correct.. the 5.5 must have been made first, then he must of contracted CR to do the other in 1999.. All 3 knives resemble CRK HOG STICK which was a limited run.. so i guesss CRK KNives and AL MAR piggybacked on it.. The HOG STICKS are rare i think

If they are fakes then they have faked the boxes from Chris with his stickers on the front and Al mar proto on the side, the cards detailing the knives and the date made (including signatures) as well as the knives, sheaths and the rest of the paperwork.
    I will take some better pictures today and get them uploaded.

Quote Originally Posted by kaosu04 View Post
    Fakes. Pretty bad fakes. But you should wait for someone more knowledgeable to chime in

This is the same with mine, except of course having "proto" stamped on the blade as well.
    I have taken some more pics but the light is not great today. Will try some more tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by dax0007 View Post
    MY LARGE SIZE has the AL MAR seperated with the CHOP.. My middle one does not..

Is the name on your boxes and paperwork "Hog Stick" as mine simply say "Al Mar". I assumed that this was what CRK were calling the knife.

Quote Originally Posted by dax0007 View Post
    sk8n- u are 100% correct.. the 5.5 must have been made first, then he must of contracted CR to do the other in 1999.. All 3 knives resemble CRK HOG STICK which was a limited run.. so i guesss CRK KNives and AL MAR piggybacked on it.. The HOG STICKS are rare i think

Please contact my personalmail.. Thanks dax0007AThotmail

Quote Originally Posted by san-mai-usa View Post
    Is the name on your boxes and paperwork "Hog Stick" as mine simply say "Al Mar". I assumed that this was what CRK were calling the knife.

Does anybody know if the profile of this knife is the same as the tanto Nkonka?
    Thanks
    TC

The Sable and the Nkonka are both described as tantos, IIRC. These knives do look very much like a double guard Sable to me.

Just google CHRIS REEVE HOG STICK and look at the pics.. Looks like same knife to me

Thread Information