Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lil' Red, My first slipjoint

ADVERTISEMENT
    I really like the look of it. Its different than the normal but still holds that traditional look to it. Very nice!

Congrats on #1! I look forward to #2-1000000

Cool!

I would carry and use it with a smile. Nothing to be overly critical with. A great "first".

I can only imagine how much hard work went into it. Keep it up, that knife looks nice to me.

Looks like a very handy knife, I don't hate the red G10, really like the double long pulls (maybe that could be your signature?). Looks like a fantastic start to a very hopefully long career.
    “You won't find reasonable men on the tops of tall mountains.”
    HST 1937-2005

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful comments. I think my next two will be sodbusters, one unlined in red and one with brass hardware in ??? Maybe toxic green?

Hold on a minute son. Don't be quite so quick to jump on the sodbuster wagon. Sometimes accidents provide the background for great things. There's no shortage of sodbusters on the market, but I don't know of many light weight work knives with sheepfoot blades. Or wharcliff blades.

While I like what you've done there, I'm wondering how well it would come off as a don'on purpase' kind of thing? Look at the popularity of the sway back jack. Now if there was a feather light wharnie available with G10 handles, would there be a demand?

I'm not saying yea or nay, but just to hold up and give some contemplation to the thing.

Carl.

Very cool knife, especially for a 1st attempt. Great job on the blade/liner lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by medicevans View Post
    So, it sounds like I need to make a pattern of this knife! The handle is growing on me. It is a heck of a slicer, that's for sure!
    I think so.
    Jim
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go."
    -Will Rogers

R.I.P. Sadie
    May 4,2004 - March 25,2008

Well........the one sodbuster is for someone.

As for making one of these on purpose, well, I guess tomorrow I'm designing the "backpacker." I think there would be a market for a well made, semicustom, lightweight work knife. I know I'd carry one.

That looks dang fine Brian. I agree with everyone else that there is something pretty neat in how a bunch of screw ups can turn out in such a great way. Keep up the good work.

Ben

Looks great! And kudos for sticking with it after your first mistake, I know I wouldnt have.

Quote Originally Posted by medicevans View Post
    I think there would be a market for a well made, semicustom, lightweight work knife. I know I'd carry one.
    as would i

I tip my hat to you, Sir! A fine beginning.

Wow, the last knife I made was out of cardboard for my daughter. And it was a fixed blade. I'm impressed.

It's a great looking for first one. I love the double long pull, you have to continue with it.
    The blade shape is my favorite.
    Mike

I really like that red!

Are ya ready to get busy, Brian.

Haha, oh yeah I am! I'm going to work on a sodbuster design today, and a semi-soddie with a nice wharncliffe blade.

lol! Up early making knives! GFY, man!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information