Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lil' Red, My first slipjoint

ADVERTISEMENT
    I really like the look of it. Its different than the normal but still holds that traditional look to it. Very nice!

Congrats on #1! I look forward to #2-1000000

Cool!

I would carry and use it with a smile. Nothing to be overly critical with. A great "first".

I can only imagine how much hard work went into it. Keep it up, that knife looks nice to me.

Looks like a very handy knife, I don't hate the red G10, really like the double long pulls (maybe that could be your signature?). Looks like a fantastic start to a very hopefully long career.
    “You won't find reasonable men on the tops of tall mountains.”
    HST 1937-2005

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful comments. I think my next two will be sodbusters, one unlined in red and one with brass hardware in ??? Maybe toxic green?

Visit my sub forum for updates and to download your Evans Knife and Tool supporter badge:
    Evans Knife and Tool

evansknifeandtool@gmail.com

Evans Knife and Tool on Instagram

Hold on a minute son. Don't be quite so quick to jump on the sodbuster wagon. Sometimes accidents provide the background for great things. There's no shortage of sodbusters on the market, but I don't know of many light weight work knives with sheepfoot blades. Or wharcliff blades.

While I like what you've done there, I'm wondering how well it would come off as a don'on purpase' kind of thing? Look at the popularity of the sway back jack. Now if there was a feather light wharnie available with G10 handles, would there be a demand?

I'm not saying yea or nay, but just to hold up and give some contemplation to the thing.

Carl.

Very cool knife, especially for a 1st attempt. Great job on the blade/liner lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by medicevans View Post
    So, it sounds like I need to make a pattern of this knife! The handle is growing on me. It is a heck of a slicer, that's for sure!
    I think so.
    Jim
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go."
    -Will Rogers

R.I.P. Sadie
    May 4,2004 - March 25,2008

Well........the one sodbuster is for someone.

As for making one of these on purpose, well, I guess tomorrow I'm designing the "backpacker." I think there would be a market for a well made, semicustom, lightweight work knife. I know I'd carry one.

Visit my sub forum for updates and to download your Evans Knife and Tool supporter badge:
    Evans Knife and Tool

That looks dang fine Brian. I agree with everyone else that there is something pretty neat in how a bunch of screw ups can turn out in such a great way. Keep up the good work.

Ben

Looks great! And kudos for sticking with it after your first mistake, I know I wouldnt have.

Quote Originally Posted by medicevans View Post
    I think there would be a market for a well made, semicustom, lightweight work knife. I know I'd carry one.
    as would i

I tip my hat to you, Sir! A fine beginning.

Wow, the last knife I made was out of cardboard for my daughter. And it was a fixed blade. I'm impressed.

It's a great looking for first one. I love the double long pull, you have to continue with it.
    The blade shape is my favorite.
    Mike

I really like that red!

Are ya ready to get busy, Brian.

Haha, oh yeah I am! I'm going to work on a sodbuster design today, and a semi-soddie with a nice wharncliffe blade.

Evans Knife and Tool

lol! Up early making knives! GFY, man!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information