Thread: ALL SOLD .... Coombs Subhilt ; Steve DUNN Bowie; Harvey DEAN Camp/ Bowie

ALL SOLD .... Coombs Subhilt ; Steve DUNN Bowie; Harvey DEAN Camp/ Bowie

ADVERTISEMENT
    Up for sale is my Lamont Coombs, Ron Nott engraved subhilt. A beautiful piece that is now ready for someone elses TLC. Price is fair and (much) less than I paid.

Condition is mint, ships with a padded zipper case.

Specs:
    Blade = 9"
    OAL = 14"
    Thickness = 1/4"
    Steel = ATS -34
    Fittings = Stainless
    Mirror Finish
    24K gold inlayed engraving by Ron Nott.
    Handle = Spalted madrone burl.
    There is an ostrich leg inlayed sheath (just visible in BLHC)

Price fo a quick sale isSOLD which compares very favorably to the $1850 I paid direct to the maker :C:O .

Knife is in Europe. Price includes shipping via TNT, this offers tracking and insurance, but please be aware it can take 2 to 5 weeks to the US, though normally 1 to 2 weeks, and tracking is sometimes delayed. If you want quicker and better visibility it costs, and would be in addition to the asking price.

Payment via bank transfer or paypal - Fees included

By making an offer to purchase you are confirming that you are over 18 years of age and the knife does not contravene any local or national laws in your place of residence

PM me with any questions.

Cheers,

Stephen

Last edited by Stephen F; 09-25-2012 at 03:16 PM.

Dunn MS Engraved Bowie

This is a truly magnificent Bowie by Steve Dunn MS. Frame handle, stag slabs, and the makers own gold inlayed engraving. Steve took the engraving along the spine on the blade, checkering the ricasso and laying a banner around his Name and MS stamps. In a wonderful touch Steve has also engraved the top and bottom of the ferrule, taking the pattern up onto the frame. True to his word Steve also selected a unique pattern for the guard and spine that is a modification of a design that L.D. Nimschke did on top of a receiver, of a Winchester 66 Carbine.

Looking beyond the engraving you have a fantastic Bowie in its own right with Fit and Finish of the highest order, the visual balance being equalled by the feel and balance in the hand.

Specifications:

Blade Length: 10.5 in
    OAL: 15.75 in
    Frame handle, guard and bolsters: 416 SS
    Inlays: 24K Gold
    Scales: Stag
    Blade: Modified 1086

Priced to sell at a firm SOLD inclusive TNT shipping and fees. Any questions please PM me.

"Small Print"
    Knife is in Europe. Price includes shipping via TNT, this offers tracking and insurance, but please be aware it can take 2 to 5 weeks to the US, though normally 1 to 2 weeks, and tracking is sometimes delayed. If you want quicker and better visibility it costs, and would be in addition to the asking price. Payment via bank transfer or paypal (fees included). By making an offer to purchase you are confirming that you are over 18 years of age and the knife does not contravene any local or national laws in your place of residence.

Knife will ship in a zippered case.

Any questions please PM or email me. I have plenty of references.

Thanks for looking,

Stephen
    Last edited by Stephen F; 09-25-2012 at 03:14 PM.

HARVEY DEAM MS: Damascus and Maple Camp Bowie

Offered for sale is a classic Harvey Dean MS Camp Bowie.

Any one in possession of Jim Weyers Knives Points of Interest IV can turn to page 54 and see the image that first brought this knife to my attention. Why I was so enamoured with it is a combination of factors and possibly Mr Weyers superb photography.

Fashions change, but style and class will never become old. This knife was one of Harveys early MS pieces dating back to '92/'93, he has been making knives since the early '80's. In my eyes it has an ageless quality, the visual balance of the warm maple, against the dark random damascus lends the knife presence borne from their richness and energy.

When you hold the knife it conveys to you a sense of purpose, a functional object which takes its beauty from the harnessing of the fire that is the chatoyancy of the maple, and the brooding storm that is the swirling damascus.

The design is also a perfect blend of form and function, the flow of the handle, the balance of the asymmetrical guard, forward balance for chopping, radiused spine for comfort and handling, straight spine.
    Here are are the specs:

Cutting edge: 10 1/4"
    OAL: 16 1/2 "
    Choil: 1"
    Max Blade width: 1 3/4 "
    Blade thickness: 7/32 "
    Weight: 15 1/2 oz
    Balance point: 1/2 " forward of ricasso.
    Blade: Damascus (not sure of mix but would guess 1084/15n20)
    Fittings: Nickel Silver
    Handle: Curly Maple
    Features: Radiused spine and clip, filed serrations for grip and striking on spine.

Harvey Dean officianados may observe that the MS and name Stamps are on the reverse sides from normal .... this means the knife has a twin, and in this instance it is a Carbon version.

Price is SOLD....00 inc Paypal fees and TNT shipping.

Knife is in Europe. Price includes shipping via TNT, this offers tracking and insurance, but please be aware it can take 2 to 5 weeks to the US, though normally 1 to 2 weeks, and tracking is sometimes delayed. If you want quicker and better visibility it costs, and would be in addition to the asking price.

Payment via bank transfer or paypal - Fees included

By making an offer to purchase you are confirming that you are over 18 years of age and the knife does not contravene any local or national laws in your place of residence

PM me with any questions.

Cheers,

Stephen
    Last edited by Stephen F; 09-25-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Blog Entries

Please contact me at kevans57@hughes.net

one more time

hi stephen
    tell me if the Coombs is still advailable
    allain

Thread Information