Thread: dumb on my behalf

dumb on my behalf

ADVERTISEMENT
    i hunt for wild rabbit near my house for meat. i had run out of .22 pellets for my RWS 460 mag and thought i would try to throw my kabar fighting knife and see if i could stick one.

i have been an avid knife thrower for many years. i have a pretty good grasp of how to throw an array of different knives.

here is a video of me throwing an ESEE junglas (just to show that i'm not horrible at throwing)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iKd5MH_Hdk

while trying to stick a rabbit with my kabar D2 fighting knife (only thing i had on me at the time) i threw the knife and the butt pommel hit a rock and broke the tang.

now i would never abuse a warranty that's why i'm coming here before contacting kabar directly or sending the knife in.

does kabar cover idiocy? i realize that what i did with my knife might not have been the smartest idea, just trying to hunt a different way. will kabar cover a broken butt pommel/tang? if not, i obviously won't send it in, and i will spend the money on a new kabar fighter. if it does, i'd love to get a replacement.

any info would help, thanks.
    Last edited by Daft Slice 1986; 09-16-2012 at 09:44 PM.

Kabar's site states the following:

My knife broke while I was throwing it. Is this covered under warranty?

No. Our warranty specifically advises against throwing knives. It never ends well.

I'm sure Toooj or official_kabar will chime in for a definite answer

Best regards,

spydie fanatic

Daft Slice,

Our warranty says "NO".
    But we have compassion for our users. I remember being young and enthusiastic once.
    Send it in and I'll replace it. But you have to promise not to do it again.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
    Sr Eng
    Prod Dev and Qual
    KA-BAR Knives

I've dealt with ka-bar customer service on this subject 3 times. Each time they hooked me up. Ka-bar are bros I love it.

See, y'all, this is good customer service. Ka-Bar has set the bar once again.

Thread Information