Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thrillbilly -1

Thrillbilly -1

ADVERTISEMENT
    First off, I hate that I'm having to post this, but this has just gone on for too long.

Back in June, I bought a BK2 kydex sheath from Thrillbilly and told him to hold onto it until I sent him a few knives to him to have a few more sheaths made. Mid June I got the knives to him and things were going good. He kept me up to date and even offered to make a sheath for free for another knife that I sent to him just so he could check it out. It was taking him longer than expected to get everything done, but I told him that I wasn't really too worried if it took a bit of extra time to get them done if he was busy. Around the 10th of July he said that he had one sheath to finish sanding one and they would go out after that. On the 13th he PM'd me that the sheaths and my knives would be shipped out on Monday and that was the last I have heard from him.

There are other people whose knives he has and he could have possible taken money from them too. I believe most of them are regular posters on the Becker forum and I will ask them to post here as well. I think there are 3 or 4 people waiting.

A few of the Becker mods have tried contacting him about this and as far as I know there has been no response. There are a few people that have spoken with him and he tells them he'll get it squared away, but nothing ever happens. I'm tired of it and I'm guessing everyone else is too.

I guess I should post what he has of mine and that is the BK2 sheath that I paypaled him $25 for. He also has my KFU edc nessmuck, kfu tin knife, and a custom hunting knife. Right now I would be happy to just get my knives and the sheath that I paid for already.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't.........you're right

Sad....dealt with the man on a trade and had no problems then. Sad to see he chose to drop off the face of the earth like this.
    "If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went."
    -- Attributed to Will Rogers

While I never met him in person, I liked Thrillbilly. Good sense of humor, down home postings. I had done work for HIM, rather than the other way around. Prompt payer.
    So that's what baffles me about this situation the most -- how he could just disappear. I developed a FFG Becker BK-17 as the best-of-both-worlds, and when I posted the knife on the Becker Forum it was Thrill who was the most positively reactive, so when I decided to form a passaround for that particular knife I put him on the top of the list. He got the knife in mid July. There was one posting about his opinion on the media-blasted stock scales vs. the home-moulded scales that I'd provided with the knife -- then nothing. Part of the passaround agreement is that the receiver should play with the knife for about a week then pass it along to the next member. Thrill has had the knife now for two months with no attempt to pass it along. It sits in limbo.
    I have since made a duplicate knife and sent it along to continue the passaround, but I really would like the knife back. Besides the initial cost of the knife, I have hours of my time and talent into reshaping and polishing that knife. It hurts.

I won a sheath from him back in June...never got it. He said he was really busy with home renovations in one of his last PM's to me.

Sent Thrillbilly an email to respond here or contact his customers.
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I don't really have a dog in this fight but I gotta say I am disappointed. Does anyone here know him personally? I'm not trying to start a rumor or anything so maybe I shouldn't say this but I've only known a couple of people to fall like this and they both fell off the wagon.

Just my 2¢

in the loop
    Bladite

'''Has full plans for zombie apocalypse, no idea what he's doing TUESDAY'''

Becker Forum. PSSSSST, hey buddy, wanna read the List of Lists? or the Becker forum Rules/FAQ?
    Perhaps check out the Becker Blade Database? Lots and LOTS of often asked for information yonder

Here is a link to the locked thread, that details most information regarding the lengths that have been gone through, to make contact with Clayton.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...te-pass-around

Moose
    Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash.

I'm also missing stuff from him. Made him a custom knife in payment for a few kydex sheaths for a couple hunter/utility designs, and my first gladius prototype (all 3 of which he still has). He's also got my Mega Machax (18" machax"). It's been several months, and not only do I not have my property back, I also don't have the sheaths for those blades that I traded him for. Call it around $500 worth of my property that's gone missing, and that's not including the custom knife I made for him that he, clearly, hasn't earned.
    Beckerhead #149
    HTM/DDR Crew Member

Tax Season Sale! Khukuri, Camp knife, Large and Small Persians, all in the Exchange.

As part of a passaround, this one,
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...te-pass-around
    He received my Effingham Becker Brute (BK1) on july 20th 2012. He did a review on the 21st, here,

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...79-Et-Tu-Brute

I've tried contacting him with email , personal message and a text message. I received a text message reply from him on september 5th at 1:32 pm
    "Shoot me an address. No excuse really , just shit happening. I'll get it out asap. Sorry bro"

I believe that if there is no movement on this by Sunday, we will ban him from the site.

I would also suggest contacting local LEO for the area that he lives in, to see about paying a welfare visit.

Moose

Haven't heard anything and no package in the mail. I really was hoping that he would come through after all the emails from the mods and this thread. I guess I kept thinking that stuff would get sent out, but I guess not. The way I see it is if he's gotta go then its probably for the best. I'm just going to count my losses and move on. That KFU edc nessie was my first custom that I had made to my design and choice of materials, so that kinda sucks. I'll just have to get another made and be more careful about who I choose to do work for me next time. Thanks for trying to help to anyone that has tried to contact him and to the other guys that are missing stuff for posting in here.

Thanks for the email Bladite, it lit a bit of a fire under my rear. I sent out a few PM's and and email to figure try and find other ways to make contact with Thrill and maybe light a fire under his rear.
    Last edited by ac700wildcat; 09-23-2012 at 06:39 AM.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't.........you're right

Well, he's gone now. I sincerely hope ya'll get your steel back.

Moose

Quote Originally Posted by Moosez45 View Post
    Well, he's gone now. I sincerely hope ya'll get your steel back.

Moose
    Thanks bro, I hope so too. I sent him another text message today also.

Quote Originally Posted by OREGON FAL'ER View Post
    Thanks bro, I hope so too. I sent him another text message today also.
    I take it he didn't respond.

Dodged a bullet on this one. I almost sent Clayton a FPR (no engraving) BK17 without full payment.
    Instead, I elected to just hold it for him until he had the cash. That was a wise call, in retrospect.

My biscuit would love for you to join the Fans of Becker Knives Group and the Fans of Ka-Bar Knives Group.

"You gotta step out onto the fringe of fear, where all growth happens, and roll the dice. " - some Oregonian

Bummer

Quote Originally Posted by The Warrior View Post
    I take it he didn't respond.
    No way man.

Any update on this?
    -Cooper

Beckerhead #185
    Proud Supporter of JK Knives #94, Terrio Handmade Knives, T.M. Hunt Custom Knives

Quote Originally Posted by cbwoods67 View Post
    Any update on this?
    Nope.
    I sent an email to him about a month ago asking for the passaround knife back. Nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information