Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What kind of wallet do you carry?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Heres a Stingray wallet i sometimes carry from AG Russell nice and worn in .

for the past 5 years TUMI

I have been pretty happy with my coach all leather wallet

I've carried Tumi's for years, the smallest one they made that would hold full dollar bills 10+ years ago, which was then replaced by the newer model which is slightly larger.

However for the past few weeks I've been trying out what a buddy of mine has been doing for over a year, using a broccoli rubber band, and so far I like it!

One thing I've noticed is my wallet would sometimes get in the way of my Spyderco Para 2 since the height of it would overlap with the depth of the knife clipped in. With the broccoli rubber band my four cards, 2 ID and 2 Bank and maybe a few bills folded into fourths slips right past and goes in and out easily.
    Last edited by sqchram; 10-05-2012 at 09:43 AM.

Saddleback Bi-fold wallet medium

gucci bi fold made in italy, blue leather

My saddleback id wallet showed up today. Brand new it is very tight, but I'm confident it will break in nicely. Overall I'm very pleased.

SpecOps T.H.E Wallet, it barely fits my jeans pocket, but its the best wallet I ever had. Quality is top notch and I love the velcro-less closure

Black leather chain wallet. Bought it in Minneapolis back in 1990, and it still looks good with nice aging wear at the corners.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyon View Post
    I make my own.

Jesus... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Guyon View Post
    I make my own.

I've always loved duck tape wallets. I'm gonna make my own some time when I have the tape and the time (:
    "But since your heads in the clouds,
    the best advice I found is don’t look down"
    -Four Year Strong

I take one Ltwfrane leather wallet, five card holders and two big clips.

I have been carrying a William Wallet for the past six months or so. Very minimal. The original plate and shockcord wallet. The Hu Mn wallet's design is derived from this. Not for everyone, but I like it. RFID blocking capabilities as well.

A little more info and a link to the Wintercheck website below.

http://www.gearhungry.com/2012/02/wi...allet.html?m=1

Anybody like fossil wallets? Are they quality built?

I've had several Fossil wallets and they work fine. I tend to carry a good many cards in my wallet (don't have much choice) so the regular old leather wallets (like Fossil and other dept. store brands) got too thick. I did some research on thin wallets and found bigskinny.net. I have a hyrbid leather bi-fold and it's amazing. It's less than half the thickness of my Fossil which it replaced, with the same stuff in it. I highly recommend them.

bigskinny.net

Best wallet I have ever used!

I am really liking that Saddleback ID waller though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulaco View Post
    I've had several Fossil wallets and they work fine. I tend to carry a good many cards in my wallet (don't have much choice) so the regular old leather wallets (like Fossil and other dept. store brands) got too thick. I did some research on thin wallets and found bigskinny.net. I have a hyrbid leather bi-fold and it's amazing. It's less than half the thickness of my Fossil which it replaced, with the same stuff in it. I highly recommend them.

bigskinny.net
    I've been searching for a "thin" alternative for front pocket carry and of all the brands/models I've searched through...BigSkinny seems to be one of the best for my $$$. I don't carry much but with insurance ID's and all that I do need a bit of room. My one question about them was where are their products manufactured? It appears to be a small company and I'm thinking they are made in Mass. where they are located? Any ideas on that?

John

Quote Originally Posted by Caress of Steel View Post
    I've been searching for a "thin" alternative for front pocket carry and of all the brands/models I've searched through...BigSkinny seems to be one of the best for my $$$. I don't carry much but with insurance ID's and all that I do need a bit of room. My one question about them was where are their products manufactured? It appears to be a small company and I'm thinking they are made in Mass. where they are located? Any ideas on that?

John
    Yeah the company is out of the Boston area and the wallets are made in China. At least the two I got were as far as I can recall. Quality is top-notch though and their front pocket wallets are wildly popular. Not the friendliest people in the world (I am from Dixie so I'm slightly biased) but good products and fair prices.

If you want a similar (probably better) product made in America, check these out. I don't know anything about them but I hear good things. They may be more expensive, not sure.

http://www.all-ett.com/

I was afraid they might be imported. I have looked at that other brand online...that was my other consideration. I was born and raised in "The Heart of Dixie" and am in Upstate SC now...so I know what you mean.

John

Quote Originally Posted by JCummings View Post
    http://www.saddlebackleather.com/Cla...=8&category=87.
    Very well made solid basic bifold.
    Wallet is 3 years old with every day use and good as new.
    Same one. I'm hard on my stuff and this has held up admirably.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information