Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fiddleback Friday 9/21/12

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by saucyCT View Post
    Kephart: WOW! What a knife! Stratmeister, I call thirds if you are not getting it. That is a hot knife. (Ps. I play a lot of strats too!
    Sorry man, payment's already sent on the Kephart...

Andy,

re: antique canvas Bushfinger.

What kind of liner(s) is this one sporting. I can't tell what's going on under the micarta in that pic.

Thank you, TR

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmeister View Post
    Sorry man, payment's already sent on the Kephart...
    No worries! Enjoy it.
    CT

Quote Originally Posted by pizza713man View Post
    Andy,

What kind of liner(s) is this one sporting. I can't tell what's going on under the micarta in that pic.

Thank you, TR
    Hi TR,

If I may offer some input until Andy can get here to clear this up...

It looks to me like we have antique canvas on an orange pin stripe, which is on a black pin stripe, which is on the steel. You obviously have good taste as she is a real looker!

Mark
    Integrity Counts

I have a few 4" Bushcraft style sheaths (Fits all of Andy's 4" knives) available and patterns for the rest. Customs on request.

That Flat ground carving knife with a Hawkbill style blade is Very nice! I wish I had the money for it. Bet it slices leather like a light saber.
    Heber Ellsworth
    Email: wildmanh@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by maw View Post
    Hi TR,

If I may offer some input until Andy can get here to clear this up...

It looks to me like we have antique canvas on an orange pin stripe, which is on a black pin stripe, which is on the steel. You obviously have good taste as she is a real looker!

Mark
    Mark,

Good eyes! I think you are right.
    But your description is still just as much a tease as the pic. I'm trying to picture it in my head, but coming up short.

I'd like to see a spine shot to see if it looks wicked or just looks halloween.

TR
    Last edited by pizza713man; 09-21-2012 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wildmanh View Post
    I have a few 4" Bushcraft style sheaths (Fits all of Andy's 4" knives) available and patterns for the rest. Customs on request.

That Flat ground carving knife with a Hawkbill style blade is Very nice! I wish I had the money for it. Bet it slices leather like a light saber.
    Ha! Good taste, Heber. I am imagining carving with that thing and wants me one. That one, actually, cause I love the ironwood on it. I have to go away again...

CT

Damn. Late to the party (my bank account is happy for that!) and my favorites are all scooped up!

Kephart: WOW! What a knife! Stratmeister, I call thirds if you are not getting it. That is a hot knife. (Ps. I play a lot of strats too!)

FB Carver: That is a killer little knife Andy! Thanks for adding yet another model to my "must have" list! I am going to wait a pinch and see what happens first...

The Arete: Another model on my list. Great score Mark. That is going to be a fun knife in your harem (wrong word? methinks not.).

Sexy Woodsman: Hey, that's what I call myself!?! Seriously, if I didn't have 2 already this would be a top pick from this batch. Guys, don't be afraid of the bigger knives: LOVE the hunter profile and I have 2 Woodsman (Woodsmen?) because they are awesome (as in, useful tools that do it nicely).

Have a great weekend with your girl Andy. I really look forward to Myla's first camping mission—I just have to make sure I don't "overteach" her and keep it fun. Really want my little girl to be skilled in the woods.

The rest of this batch is really pretty as well. That Lacewood Bushfinger is yelling at me, "WTF? Why aren't you buying me already!" I have to go now...

CT
    Thank you CT. For the record, I do not have a harem!

Ha! Good taste, Heber. I am imagining carving with that thing and wants me one. That one, actually, cause I love the ironwood on it. I have to go away again...

CT
    You sure do a lot of coming and going CT. Your wearing me out!

Mark
    Integrity Counts

Chris, get the carver. You'll really like using it! Plus I have a sheath pattern for it. My scandi ground one is good on wood and okay on leather. This one should be awesome on anything!
    Heber Ellsworth
    Email: wildmanh@yahoo.com

Holding out for that special Bushfinger to match my Bushboot. Everything looks awesome Andy, think I need a small Nessy too. I have not seen 1 of those in a while, hint.

#822 in RyanW's 2014 GAW

I'll take the woodsman. Just can't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Brummie View Post
    Yes! Glad someone else loved that knife too. I am positive you will LOVE it. Congrats!

Brummie, you will love that Wenge Woodsman. I have a bushboot in that same handle config, just fantastic.

#822 in RyanW's 2014 GAW

Amazing batch Andy.

Is the black on black with blue bushcrafter 1/8" or 5/32"?

I will take the emerald bushcrafter with the scandi grind if it is still available.

This will make 5 fiddleback knives in 5 weeks between direct buying and thru dealers. My poor bank account.

Thanks for your patience guys. I went to sleep right after we got home last night. The trip was really fun. Absolutely no connectivity, no phones. It was down in a valley between two small mountains. I kept my phone on airplane mode all weekend. Beautiful camp. Great weekend with Hannah.

Quote Originally Posted by pizza713man View Post
    Andy,

Thank you, TR
    There is a thick black foundation with a slim orange pinstripe then the antique canvas. It doesn't look Haloween, the orange is slight. Just enough to help it show up in the grass if you drop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brummie View Post
    GREAT!! Thanks Brummie!

Quote Originally Posted by silver arrow View Post
    Amazing batch Andy.

Is the black on black with blue bushcrafter 1/8" or 5/32"?
    It is 5/32" thick. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by m31m View Post
    I will take the emerald bushcrafter with the scandi grind if it is still available.

This will make 5 fiddleback knives in 5 weeks between direct buying and thru dealers. My poor bank account.
    You got it! THANKS!!!!

Funds sent for emerald bushcrafter. Thanks.

Thank you m31m.

Hey Andy, What are the liners on the ivory paper bushfinger. Thanks

Andy, could I please get the Black on black with blue Bushcrafter, if it's still available?

Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information