Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Noob question.

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufler View Post
    She's all yours.

I'll contact a dealer and get some info on ordering directly.
    Just an FYI, most dealers sell at prices higher than the Hinderer Retail Price.

I don't mean to insult anybody when I ask about the Zero Tolerance collaboration knives. How are the 05XX series knives? Very curious.
    I really like the 0550 and 0551. I also like the 0560 and 0561 but I am not particularly pleased with the lockbar cutout.

She's all yours.

I'll contact a dealer and get some info on ordering directly.

You cannot order directly unless you are active military or a first responder type rescue personnel or police.

Dealer prices are astronomical. The best place to buy is on the exchange.

There' s a couple of 3'' on the sales by induviduals. There is also a dealer on Rick's site that has a non 3.5" in stock. Non flipper, Slicer grind, Just a heads up.
    Last edited by Oldbugr; 09-22-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldbugr View Post
    There is also a dealer on Rick's site that has a non 3.5" in stock.
    A "non 3.5"? Does that make it a 3"?

Quote Originally Posted by RDA View Post
    A "non 3.5"? Does that make it a 3"?

I think I saw a 3' XM on there...holly heck, that be a folding short sword.

Gentlemen,

Are you telling me I'd have to pay about $800-$900 for an Xm-18 even from a dealer? Yikes.

Gentlemen,

Are you telling me I'd have to pay about $800-$900 for an Xm-18 even from a dealer? Yikes.

Unless you qualify to buy direct, score at a show, etc.; then you pay to play.

Secondary pricing applies to most every dealer. On occasion you might get lucky and find a deal, but that's rare.

I don't mean to insult anybody when I ask about the Zero Tolerance collaboration knives. How are the 05XX series knives? Very curious.

Thanks!
    Several threads on these here and in the Kershaw / ZT area.

I have them and like them, but they are in no way XMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Need2Know View Post
    ... then you pay to play.
    You said it. I set a limit some time ago that I would not exceed on a folding knife. So, I guess I'm not cool enough for Hinderers.

You said it. I set a limit some time ago that I would not exceed on a folding knife. So, I guess I'm not cool enough for Hinderers.

If the collaborations interest you...get a little Kershaw Cryo. It's worth every penny. And also consider the ZTs.

But, knowing that collaborations are a success, if you don't like the current offerings I'm betting new stuff will be a reality at some point. For example, I'd like to see a smaller version of the 0560/0561.

0560 and XM 18 3.5

Cryo...

0550, 0560, Endura, Delica...

XM 24, 0560..

Top to bottom...
    18 3.5, 0550, 0560, XM 24, 0561

I meant to say non flipper- Sometimes the fingers don't do what the brain says to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldbugr View Post
    I meant to say non flipper- Sometimes the fingers don't do what the brain says to do.
    Don't sweat it. RDA's just pickin' on ya a bit.

Heck, I teased the "seller" a little when I brought up that one description lists a " 3' " XM.

Need2Know,

Thanks very much for posting those pics! Heck of a collection! Congrats!

I don't know what to say at this point - I'm undecided on Hinderer. Unsurprisingly, the dealers I've contacted so far pretty much said: "good luck". Oh, well... No big deal at the end of the day. I won't pursue it.

The Zt-30X line up looks cool.

Thanks all for your input!

Need2Know,

Thanks very much for posting those pics! Heck of a collection! Congrats!

I don't know what to say at this point - I'm undecided on Hinderer. Unsurprisingly, the dealers I've contacted so far pretty much said: "good luck". Oh, well... No big deal at the end of the day. I won't pursue it.

The Zt-30X line up looks cool.

Thanks all for your input!

I wouldn't give up so easy Sufler, patience and due diligence will pay off.

When the first 3" production XM's started hitting the secondary market from the most recent batch the prices were hitting around 900, look around now, recently seen them brand new in box going for a low as 600 on this board.

If you are determined enough it will happen and don't forgot the ZT collaborations posted above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytaylor View Post
    I wouldn't give up so easy Sufler, patience and due diligence will pay off.

When the first 3" production XM's started hitting the secondary market from the most recent batch the prices were hitting around 900, look around now, recently seen them brand new in box going for a low as 600 on this board.

If you are determined enough it will happen and don't forgot the ZT collaborations posted above.
    Thanks! Will definitely continue to keep my eyes open to the Hinderer market. Now that I have gained some important knowledge from this thread and forum, I have a better idea of what to look for.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information