Thread: Spacers, .030 or .060?

Spacers, .030 or .060?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Hello All,

I'm going to pick me up some spacers online and need some help on the correct sizing for a folder and fixed blade.

The two sizes are: .030" & .060" , Would the .030" be better on the folder and the .060" better on a fixed blade?

Or would one size be preferred for both types of blades?

I'm going to add a toxic green spacer on my Tenacious and am just not sure what size will work best.
    I want to get this right before I order so any help would've greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

I think .030 would be best for a folder. The .060 would be OK for a fixed blade, or use the .030 for both.
    Stacy E.Apelt
    It is better to die fighting evil than to live under it.

I just went through this same decision for fixed blades. I wanted black G-10 and all that was available at the time I ordered was .026 thick.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words so here's a knife that I just finished using the Black.026. The steel is some of Aldo's 1084 and after surface grinding it came out at about .122 thick.

[IMG][/IMG]

I think that it really depends on the thickness of the other materials and what your presonal preference is; there really is no right or wrong answer.

I'm of the mind that there are no right or wrong answers to this question. I think whatever you are in the mood to do is great as long as it works with each particular knife. Make sure that the knife functions properly and you can do whatever you want. Thick, thin, somewhere in the middle? I've used material anywhere from .024" all the way up to .120" or so. Experiment and have fun.

Thread Information