Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: End of Watch

End of Watch

ADVERTISEMENT
    I saw End of Watch last night. Great movie, but one production error stood out for me. In an early scene, one of the characters shows his knife for the camera and calls it a "Spyderco tactical knife". It was a tanto folder with a retractable glass breaker and no Spyderhole, and it was no Spyderco. I wasn't able to positively identify it. Did anyone catch it?
    Last edited by MajorLonghorn; 01-23-2013 at 04:13 PM.

That doesnt sound like any Spyderco I've ever heard of.
    Maybe an early debut? But I doubt it.
    The previews for the movie look cool though.

http://www.galls.com/CGBCSTYL?PMSTYL=KN455

Is this it?

Also the Benchmade 810 Contego comes close to the description as well.

http://www.benchmade.com/products/810

Absolutely amazing film, I saw it tonight and was blown away. The dynamic between Pena and Gyllenhaal was the best I've ever seen. Everyone should go see it!

However, the knives used in the movie were Smith and Wesson, you can see the logo clearly on Zhavala's knife . An unfortunate oversight, but nevertheless a stunning film.

Good call T.L. that is the knife

There is also a really clear shot of Pena's when he opens a pack of drugs and it clearly says Smith & Wesson Extream Ops.

Quote Originally Posted by cross1412 View Post
    Good call T.L. that is the knife
    Wish it was the BM 810 instead. I want one so bad. I bought the 850 Rift and now I need its brother!

On a related note, I always wondered which SOG knife Mark Wahlberg has up his sleeve at his cabin in Shooter. Not that I would buy it, just was always curious. Looks like the Twitch XL.

Quote Originally Posted by T.L. View Post
    http://www.galls.com/CGBCSTYL?PMSTYL=KN455

Is this it?

Also the Benchmade 810 Contego comes close to the description as well.

http://www.benchmade.com/products/810
    Yeah it looks like it was that S&W in the first link. I didn't see a logo on it, but I definitely saw the S&W logo on the satin finish folder that Zavala had in the scene towards the end. Guess they did in fact stick to S&W knives. I read on another board that the gun that Taylor described in that first scene with the knife was the wrong Glock. I was so focused on the knife that I didn't even think about the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorLonghorn View Post
    I saw End of Watch last night. Great movie, but one production error stook out for me. In an early scene, one of the characters shows his knife for the camera and calls it a "Spyderco tactical knife". It was a tanto folder with a retractable glass breaker and no Spyderhole, and it was no Spyderco. I wasn't able to positively identify it. Did anyone catch it?
    I'd never heard of Blade Forums until today. But then I saw End of Watch this morning and I wondered what that cool-looking knife was that the Gyllenhaal character shows us near the start of the movie. So after I got home I went to Google and quickly found my way to this thread.

I completely agree about the movie by the way - great movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangways View Post
    I'd never heard of Blade Forums until today. But then I saw End of Watch this morning and I wondered what that cool-looking knife was that the Gyllenhaal character shows us near the start of the movie. So after I got home I went to Google and quickly found my way to this thread.

I completely agree about the movie by the way - great movie.
    Do yourself a favor and don't buy that knife S&W knives are horrible.

I think the knife we should discuss is the one that ended up in Van Hauser's eye.

Lots of weird stuff in the movie. He calls it a Glock 19, it's a 22. He calls it a Spyderco. But, it was definitely a S&W and it might have been the Extreme Ops model. But, honestly, there's quite a few that look very much alike.

Quote Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott View Post
    Do yourself a favor and don't buy that knife S&W knives are horrible.
    What would be an example of a good, solid knife with similar appearance and functionality?

What would be an example of a good, solid knife with similar appearance and functionality?
    Depends on your price range. Spyderco, Benchmade, and Kershaw (ZT line too) are the benchmark to be considered first. The S&W pic I posted, resembles Emerson knives in the $200 range.

You could also check out Kershaw, they are a little less expensive just make sure that the steel is not 8cr13MOV and you'll be fine

Try a zt 0400

Saw the movie last night. Pointed out to my brother that the knife he used surely wasnt a Spyderco!

I would agree that it was the first S&W Knife pictured in the first link.

IMO it was stupid to say "Spyderco Tactical Folder", but I guess the sheeple have no idea what is what.

Wish it was the BM 810 instead. I want one so bad. I bought the 850 Rift and now I need its brother!

On a related note, I always wondered which SOG knife Mark Wahlberg has up his sleeve at his cabin in Shooter. Not that I would buy it, just was always curious. Looks like the Twitch XL.
    I own the movie "Shooter". And I always thought he had a Benchmade 710 up his sleeve. Can anyone confirm deny this? I've watch it a hundred times. I could be wrong though as a have "Collateral" also, and never could tell he had a Sebenza.

Quote Originally Posted by 10mm Glock View Post
    I own the movie "Shooter". And I always thought he had a Benchmade 710 up his sleeve. Can anyone confirm deny this? I've watch it a hundred times.
    http://sogknives.com/wordpress/2007/...og-in-shooter/

He uses an SOG Daggert 2 and SOG Twitch XL.

http://sogknives.com/wordpress/2007/...og-in-shooter/

He uses an SOG Daggert 2 and SOG Twitch XL.
    Thanks, now I know I'm once again wrong. no worries it happens all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sufler View Post
    Lots of weird stuff in the movie. He calls it a Glock 19, it's a 22.
    LAPD carry both the 17 and the 22 Glocks plus others. The magazine they showed in the beginning were loaded with 9mm bullets.

Officers now have the choice of carrying
    Beretta:
    92F, 92FS, 92FS-Stainless Steel, 8045 (4” barrel)Smith & Wesson:
    459, 5904, 5903, 659, 5906, 645, 4506, 4566, 4567, 5903 TSW, 5906 TSW, 4569 TSW, and 4566 TSW.Glock:
    9mm: Model 34, Model 17, Model 19.40 caliber: Model 35, Model 22, Model 23.45 ACP: Model 21, 21SF

S&W 1st Response Rescue Tool, All Black

About $42 at Amazon

It does not show on the Smith & Wesson site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information