Thread: Just Curious

Just Curious

ADVERTISEMENT
    I received my two TGLB that i had on order this past Friday, both are outstanding and many thanks to Naomi for putting up with all my questions and my every two week updates

What i was curious about though is this, one is the CF and the other has the black coated blade, the CF blade is noticeably thicker than the black blade, i would have thought that the coated blade would have looked or been thicker due to the thickness of the coating.

Anyone have any ideas or thoughts on this ?

I would measure it first. "Noticeably" is subjective, and there's a thickness spec for the knife so there should be some consistency (even though that spec is "approximately 1/4 inch" ). Have you taken a caliper to it?

Black is very slimming!

In the Land of Bacon, Maple Syrup and Beaver!
    Curiosity killed the cat, right?....

Glad you found some TG's Carl, you've love em even more once you start using them! I've noticed some variation between busse & kin stated thicknesses; it's never been that much that it was worth worrying about it though... Once you get into the .290+ thick blades it gets even more fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Czechmate View Post
    Curiosity killed the cat, right?....

Glad you found some TG's Carl, you've love em even more once you start using them! I've noticed some variation between busse & kin stated thicknesses; it's never been that much that it was worth worrying about it though... Once you get into the .290+ thick blades it gets even more fun!
    Thanks for the info Evan, much appreciated

Wasn't worried about it at all, just curious... i actually prefer the thinner one, feels better in my hand.

Hell i like them so much i'm gonna call and order at least one more tomorrow

Thread Information