Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Case vs Buck Creek .

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by 555 View Post

Hey, I have enough trouble finding the TV remote control in the middle of the night, let alone a knife in my coverall pockets when working outside in a snow storm with my frozen fingers.

When you do find the one Perfect EDC, let me know or better yet start a thread. Because, there are a number of us BFC members who keep throwing our money at knives looking for the perfect knife.
    But really, that is half the fun, isn't it.
    Ha! To be honest, I carry a Para 2, a customized carbon steel Opinel #8, and a Leatherman Wave in a pouch. So I'd venture to say the perfect EDC is however many knives you can comfortably carry!

Well i've read all these posts and i will buy a Case Trapper and then down the road a Case sodbuster. Thanks
    Clay

Quote Originally Posted by RemyKaze View Post
    A working man needs a knife he can open with gloves on, in some cases.
    I think some are confused and im not only responding to you.

The OP asked for an opinion of a Traditional knife brand.

The Case knife I referred to is part of their "working mans series"

I was not implying these are suited for every modern working man ( or woman). The name and pattern refers to a style of knife used for years by working men.
    I know the benefits of one handed openers, this working man owns about 100 of them....
    Last edited by JPD1998; 09-26-2012 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
    Well i've read all these posts and i will buy a Case Trapper and then down the road a Case sodbuster. Thanks
    Clay
    Good choice... not to confuse you, but when you start shopping for a sod buster, check out the AG Russell Rancher and Cowboy knives. He designed a sod buster style knife with a wider blade.

* note.. not all Ranchers and Cowboys use these.

Quote Originally Posted by JPD1998 View Post
    I think some are confused and im not only responding to you.

The OP asked for an opinion of a Traditional knife brand.

The Case knife I referred to is part of their "working mans series"

I was not implying these are suited for every modern working man ( or woman). The name and pattern refers to a style of knife used for years by working men.
    I know the benefits of one handed openers, this working man owns about 100 of them....
    Actually, the Case knife you referred to has been around a long time. The Workman handle material seems to be a pretty recent addition, in 2010. And you did say "you can't get more of a working man's knife than that" to which I posed the problem with gloves, so...
    * note.. not all Ranchers and Cowboys use these.
    ...no need to get snarky. I was simply providing a more useful alternative to what I consider beautiful but antiquated classics.

Quote Originally Posted by RemyKaze View Post
    Actually, the Case knife you referred to has been around a long time. The Workman handle material seems to be a pretty recent addition, in 2010. And you did say "you can't get more of a working man's knife than that" to which I posed the problem with gloves, so...

...no need to get snarky. I was simply providing a more useful alternative to what I consider beautiful but antiquated classics.

What I said was a pun on the name Case gave the series, I actully own one and I know the history of the slimline trapper. I forgot I wasn't posting in the Traditional Forum

If the OP asked whether we thought Traditional knives were antiquated, I would have said yes they're only good for cutting things....

Thanks for your time & advise JPD1998. Have a great week.
    Clay

Claymoore,
    glad ya made your decision and sorry your thread went in the ditch for a bit...
    post up some picts in traditional forum, we'd love to see it even if its a trapper
    regards
    gene

You got it Gene, will do. Thanks
    Clay

Quote Originally Posted by IVANKERLEY View Post
    Claymoore,
    glad ya made your decision and sorry your thread went in the ditch for a bit...
    post up some picts in traditional forum, we'd love to see it even if its a trapper
    regards
    gene
    I agree, come on over to the traditional section. Plenty of men and women that have done a day or two of work with their knives.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
    Thanks for your time & advise JPD1998. Have a great week.
    Clay
    Always happy to help a forum brother.
    Joe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information