Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CF Lrg Sodbuster but...

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycosa View Post
    Well said, Robert!
    I have a friend making me a Soddie for less money!!
    OK now, Rolf. Don't be a tease!!

When that comes to you, I hope we get some pics. Is that one coming from SEALS, the guy that has done so much good work on soddies here?

Robert

Thanks guys. A Soddie is still a Soddie, yes?
    Robert- Brian is making my Red Sodbuster. THIS will be one cool SJ. Thank you Brian. And, there will be pix. Hopefully from Brian!!

Standby, I will grab a picture of the plans. It's just a drawing, but it will give you an idea.

Here you go. Rolf's soddie. Linerless G10, 3/32" A2 steel. Rolf, did we decide on brass or nickel silver hardware?

I'm making one for myself at 80% of the size of Rolf's with brass liners and hardware. Cheap to make, hard to break.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfattyt View Post
    I don't know about you, but I will take payment in nice fresh clams any day! But then again, I love a good clam!
    Long Island Blue-points, or some Chincoteagues, would be my preference.
    Seriously... out of my price range, and low on my want-list. I'll stick with some vintage bone and CV for half the price.
    Alex
    formerly known as alex_111
    (August 2000 - September 2004)

Always looking for Italian stilettos. Send me a PM if you've got one that needs a new home!

lol! ^
    Would guys pay more for a Micarta handled Sodbuster??
    Thanks for the drawing, Brian. Let's go with nickel-silver.

6. Lycosa, Are you Dutch? A friend of mine is named "Rolf" and I haven't seen the name elsewhere.

Case's carbon fiber sodbuster is 1/4 cheaper at some dealers but it's still pricey. ...It's linerless and I wonder how the pivot will hold up...Anyone have experience with linerless knives?

sup- My mom was from Regensburg Germany so she slapped that name on me.
    I have had zero trouble with my linerless Bucklite and my Black Bear Knives Metro Razor.

8. Rolf is a great guy to share a name with. Thank you for the info on the linerless knives. I'm looking forward to seeing that finished sodbuster... I wonder if GEC will make a red glow in the dark sodbuster for Christmas... for the Rudolph fans.

The trouble with red luminous material is that it glows pink
    How bout a nice Christmas green instead

Red, green, yellow, and blue... -string 'em together by their lanyard holes and you'll have the best decorated house on the street this year!

11. zippo, green is good too. I think Lycosa likes red... not sure about the pink glow though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Government View Post
    Red, green, yellow, and blue... -string 'em together by their lanyard holes and you'll have the best decorated house on the street this year!
    That's the best idea that I've heard today... I knew I was paying taxes to the government for a good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by sitflyer View Post
    I've got a large Case Soddie thats about 25 years old...them black plastic covers are still fine...is this one of those "silk purse out of a sow's ear" things???
    I would say more like making a sow's ear out of silk. Just a waste of good silk.
    There never was or will be a Soddie worth $100 to me. I don't care what its made of*.

* Khnutbusters with thin handles excluded.
    Stu

"ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge."

lol! Thanks guys.
    Mom wanted to name me Manfred first.
    Yep, $100. is a tad too much for a Sodbuster.

14. The name "Rolf" actually seems quite normal to me... he's one of my best friends. But he's the only Rolf that I've met before now. I like the name Rolf a lot better than Manfred... I know a German guy named "Helmet"... By the way, the spelling of my name is also imported. J a k o b... though I usually go by "Jake"

Personally, I'd rather send a queen sodbuster made of d-2 to one of the many guys out there who will tweek and pimp them out with whatever you want. Price is about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberta Ed View Post
    Next thing you know we'll have carbon fiber toilet seats.
    I've seen those advertised, but at $12K, they were a bit out of my price range. The 50,000 pound load rating was interesting, though.

Jake- I like Jakob better.
    I'm hoping that my Red Soddie from Brian will be my last one. It should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycosa View Post
    Jake- I like Jakob better.
    I'm hoping that my Red Soddie from Brian will be my last one. It should be.
    I'll bet it won't be your last....
    Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts .....?
    WTB GEC Black Bullnose with Redneck Pivot!<--Click Here If You Have One!
    BCCI Lifetime Member #2151 & Proud supporter of JK Knives #47

And you ^ can KMK.

Quote Originally Posted by supratentorial View Post
    The name "Rolf" actually seems quite normal to me... he's one of my best friends. But he's the only Rolf that I've met before now. I like the name Rolf a lot better than Manfred... I know a German guy named "Helmet"... By the way, the spelling of my name is also imported. J a k o b... though I usually go by "Jake"
    I bet you mean the name "Helmuth" or "Helmut" - but Helmet is no german name

There are many names over here in good ol' Germany that might sound a little strange to english mothertongues ...
    You can call me Pappa Andi!
    Nun war dieser brave Lehrer, Von dem Tobak ein Verehrer, Was man ohne alle Frage, Nach des Tages Müh und Plage, Einem guten, alten Mann, Auch von Herzen gönnen kann.
    (Wilhelm Busch, german author, 1832 - 1908)
    WTT for a Queen Dan Burke Small Barlow Two blade

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information