Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: Moosez fire contest discussion thread

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo; But Chicago, Il is home
    Posts
    7,280

    ADVERTISEMENT
    I have no where can take part of this unfortunately. That is the bad part of living in an apartment.

    -Jared Karlin

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    514
    Wish I could, Harvest time and a burn ban going on here, Haven't had a measurable amount of rain in months.
    Some BK&T D2 goodness will be had one way or another

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Middle Of Nowhere, Rural Michigan
    Posts
    12,451
    Quote Originally Posted by dresnor View Post
    I had a great time taking part in this contest today. I don't understand why more people are not up for this.

    Fire!

    Jeremy
    Can't speak for everyone, but it's not like I just quit enjoying to woods time...for me it's just been a rough few months. I was out of town for two months spending time in south Florida with my father in his last days. Then had to come home and deal with an issue my oldest was having, had to play catch-up to replace money spent living in Florida for eight weeks, plus had to play catch-up on work and on yard work because of annoyed neighbors and my yard looking like a jungle after a monsoon, and having to catch up on family time. Then two weeks ago my father died, and for the last seven days I've had one hell of a round of the flu. By damn, when it rains it pours.
    History is a gallery of pictures in which there are few originals and many copies. ~Alexis de Tocqueville


    B.H. #27

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    1,153
    Quote Originally Posted by mistwalker View Post
    Can't speak for everyone, but it's not like I just quit enjoying to woods time...for me it's just been a rough few months. I was out of town for two months spending time in south Florida with my father in his last days. Then had to come home and deal with an issue my oldest was having, had to play catch-up to replace money spent living in Florida for eight weeks, plus had to play catch-up on work and on yard work because of annoyed neighbors and my yard looking like a jungle after a monsoon, and having to catch up on family time. Then two weeks ago my father died, and for the last seven days I've had one hell of a round of the flu. By damn, when it rains it pours.
    I am truely sorry for your loss. My comment was not meant to call anyone out but to possibly inspire people to go out and get this done.

    I hope that you life turns around and you get back to enjoying time for you.

    Jeremy

    Anger is a gift.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Middle Of Nowhere, Rural Michigan
    Posts
    12,451
    Quote Originally Posted by dresnor View Post
    I am truely sorry for your loss. My comment was not meant to call anyone out but to possibly inspire people to go out and get this done.

    I hope that you life turns around and you get back to enjoying time for you.

    Jeremy
    Thanks man, and I know. It just dawned on me how long it had been since I participated here and thought maybe I should explain why.
    History is a gallery of pictures in which there are few originals and many copies. ~Alexis de Tocqueville


    B.H. #27

  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    not so deep in the woods anymore
    Posts
    1,971
    Sorry to hear about your dad miswalker I can't imagine loosing my father. He has been an important presence in my life and raised me to enjoy the outdoors.

    I've been dealing with some health issues myself last few weeks so I didn't get to finish the contest the way I wanted to but I took a shot at it anyways. It was my first one and I had a lot of fun and spent more time outdoors over the last two weeks then I would have otherwise so it was definitely worth it.

    I just post all my stuff up in the contest thread if anybody wants to check it out.
    -Jordan


    BECKERHEAD#126

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    not so deep in the woods anymore
    Posts
    1,971
    double post...oops.
    Last edited by Eero; 10-12-2012 at 10:24 PM. Reason: double post...oops
    -Jordan


    BECKERHEAD#126

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Navarre, Fl
    Posts
    561
    I have to start all over because my knife I started with ran away

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    8,698
    Quote Originally Posted by dresnor View Post
    I had a great time taking part in this contest today. I don't understand why more people are not up for this.

    Fire!

    Jeremy
    I didn't enter because I am super busy, and a friction fire is not a skill I have mastered. I may be able to get one going, but for it to be mandatory for the contest meant that Im not going to have time to participate. Not complaining just letting you know why I didnt enter.
    Temporarily not taking orders, due to wait times, Thanks


    Junkyard Dog #175 www.kelleycustoms.com

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South East Nebraska
    Posts
    1,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyop View Post
    I didn't enter because I am super busy, and a friction fire is not a skill I have mastered. I may be able to get one going, but for it to be mandatory for the contest meant that Im not going to have time to participate. Not complaining just letting you know why I didnt enter.
    I am very busy also( Not saying I have more going on then you just that I am busy) I found time in part because I have not mastered friction fire I have a long way to go to master. I did learn a few things and had fun with my son. Also I really like D2

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    8,698
    Quote Originally Posted by LG&M View Post
    I am very busy also( Not saying I have more going on then you just that I am busy) I found time in part because I have not mastered friction fire I have a long way to go to master. I did learn a few things and had fun with my son. Also I really like D2
    I fully plan on learning how to do friction fires, just havent had the time yet.
    Temporarily not taking orders, due to wait times, Thanks


    Junkyard Dog #175 www.kelleycustoms.com

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Tennesee, ya'll
    Posts
    14,870
    Will get this sorted out tomorrow.

    Moose
    Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    not so deep in the woods anymore
    Posts
    1,971
    Thanks for the hats this was a really fun contest. Here is a pic of mine on the trail yesterday:

    -Jordan


    BECKERHEAD#126

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South East Nebraska
    Posts
    1,699
    Nice,Thats a good looking hat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •