Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sharking, and the I'll Take It

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by schmittie View Post
    Hang on, all I have to do to get a knife is say 'I'll take it' and THAT'S IT?? I don't even have to pay for it?! Is this how Mark and Erich get all their knives???!!!!

I had no idea it was that simple.
    The cats out of the bag now!

LOL! Honestly schmittie, you crack me up!

Mark
    Integrity Counts

The new thread is up and hopefully addresses some of the concerns expressed here. Next week I will re-list a bunch of knives. Maybe on Monday.

THANKS!

Hi Andy,

I want to thank you for listening to the concerns and ideas mentioned herein and putting some of them into practice. Sadly, not all people are receptive of constructive criticism let alone able to recognize its worth. You are a stand up guy for listening and trying to improve things around here.

With respect to your sales threads, IIRC, commentary or feedback is allowed if the maker permits or welcomes it. I appreciate this commentary from a buyer's perspective because I can get timely and helpful input to my questions and concerns. Additionally, I think the commentary is very good for your business because the comments and feedback are very positive, both of you, your business ethics, and your knives.

Bottom line...keep doing what you are doing Andy as it is clear to me you've got it nailed and bigger things are yet to come!

Take care.

Mark
    Integrity Counts

I am actually a little surprised at how this thread went another direction from the original concerns you mentioned Andy. We went from 'don't just say "I'll take it" and never pay for it' to us saying 'I don't like how I have to navigate the sales threads'. Here, just yesterday , you are very accommodating in listening to some of the complaints here with listing some of the knives as SOLD very quickly.

I do want to highlight the fact that you DID say you were sitting on at least 10 knives that have not been paid for. Guys, that is OVER $2k that Andy is sitting on! THAT IS UNBELIEVABLE. Who claims a knife then NEVER pays??

Mr Roy, hats off to you on this one. I can't even imagine how frustrating unpaying customers are. But, as expected, you handle it like a gentleman. Too bad the rest of us don't always do the same.
    It takes more of a man to be a gentleman.

Uh... ok now...

Whole deal is fine, pretty much, except Andy gets stuck with some stock which has been sort-of "called dibs" on. And we all know that is just not right. You say you want it, you just bought it. Period.

Andy references customer courtesy, and there is a whole bunch of that on his site. Folks of good heart accept the initial poster's word, and regretfully move on to either another choice, or another week.

As for marking stuff "Sold," it is a neat idea , IF Andy were to sit at the computer and immediately register the sold unit after the buyer has said "I'll take it."

But then, Andy can't afford to constantly monitor the site. Time is money, and especially if you are the sole proprietor, knife maker, order taker, package wrapper, mentor...and, as posted on some Fridays, the Dad who is taking his kid camping for the weekend, or the professional still trying to build his reputation at various professional gatherings.

As customer-friendly as Fiddleback Forge is, he's got to be able to set limits so that the real work and the real life can get done.

Might be some fine-tuning to be done, but, near as I can reckon, it mostly needs to be done by the folks who say, "I'll take it."

Proud of him, I am.
    Kis
    Enjoy every sandwich.
    Warren Zevon
    fiddlebackforge.com
    ART, in metal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information