Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me buy scotch!

ADVERTISEMENT
    18y/o Jameson Irish for something different?

Quote Originally Posted by Gravelface View Post
    Some would say shooting JWB isnt appreciation either.....
    Touche' and while I would not partake in shooting it now, I would recommend trying some by any means. I remember swilling it that evening, really that drink was a defining moment in my liquor drinking and lifestyle. That single drink enlightened me into a world I had never been. While the cost keeps me away from JWB at this time in my life, it started me down a path of enjoying the finer things. Amazing how something so simple as a drink of fine liquor can have such a lasting effect.

Hmmm...based on your "likes" I would say you have to go with Balvenie 12 Yr. Double Wood or Abelour A'bundah 12 Year in the 12 year Highland category...in the 15 year I would say Glenfiddich 15 Yr. Solera Reserve (they are also some of the best values in their respective categories).

In other news, guess where I was today...!!!
    IMG_0638.jpg

Top shelf stuff you say...
    On Saturday I've seen a 50 YO Glenfiddich bottle... only 25K! What a steal!

I suggest you try a bottle of Highland Park,
    it's a bit of a sleeper.

"Cataloguing my virtues won't work either... I hold them to a minimum so they're easy to keep track of." -Jim Rockford

I say that cause I was yelled at by a scotch snob buddy of mine for doing the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by rockgolfer View Post
    Touche' and while I would not partake in shooting it now, I would recommend trying some by any means. I remember swilling it that evening, really that drink was a defining moment in my liquor drinking and lifestyle. That single drink enlightened me into a world I had never been. While the cost keeps me away from JWB at this time in my life, it started me down a path of enjoying the finer things. Amazing how something so simple as a drink of fine liquor can have such a lasting effect.
    WANTED: Silent Knight , 2 Bolt Badger , Steel Heart 1 (with side stamp), Lil Ugly
    Busse Paraphernalia...patches, letters, magazines, boxes, original ad or articles
    Well.....here I am ~ Jubal Early
    WTB FAT SKELETON KEY
    COLD STEEL VOYAGER 5" Old Style

Quote Originally Posted by HikingIsLife View Post
    Hmmm...based on your "likes" I would say you have to go with Balvenie 12 Yr. Double Wood or Abelour A'bundah 12 Year in the 12 year Highland category...in the 15 year I would say Glenfiddich 15 Yr. Solera Reserve (they are also some of the best values in their respective categories).

In other news, guess where I was today...!!!
    IMG_0638.jpg
    I ended up with the Glenfiddich you mentioned.

I'll probably try something out of my comfort zone next go around because I don't know if I've ever had a good islay.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravelface View Post
    I say that cause I was yelled at by a scotch snob buddy of mine for doing the same thing

To each their own It was your scotch snob buddy that should have put it in a glass with a couple o' cubes to clank around for ya

To each their own It was your scotch snob buddy that should have put it in a glass with a couple o' cubes to clank around for ya
    Ice in top notch scotch?!
    That is just blasphemy!

A glass of Johnnie Walker Blue, neat, simply bleeds class like none other.

Tough crowd. Tell ya what, some one send me a free bottle (you know, cause you dont need it) and I promise the entire thing will be sipped. Not shaken, stirred, shot, mixed or iced

JW Double Black definitely taste best when you have it 'on the rock' IMO it even better than Blue.

Tough crowd. Tell ya what, some one send me a free bottle (you know, cause you dont need it) and I promise the entire thing will be sipped. Not shaken, stirred, shot, mixed or iced
    I'll throw a bottle in the sea. Eventually ocean currents will take it your way
    Just wait a couple of years...

I just bought a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label. I hope you guys are right about this stuff, it would be a shame for me to have to pour a $250 bottle of scotch down the drain which is exactly what I will do if it sucks.

If you'd like a 'soft' intro to Islay smoke and peatiness, I highly recommend the Bowmore 12.

Recently a buddy ordered JW Blue at a restaurant and relished every drop. It wasn't his first time drinking it. When we got the check, we realized the waitress had served him JW Black instead.

I ve been through every scotch time and time again. I prefer Balvenie over anything!! Its like liquid candy! Nothing better than a fine cigar and a glass of Balvenie! even the 10yr old is a lot better than most older scotches IMO. The 12, 15, 17 are great! And the 21 yr old will just blow your mind!! Sorry Johnnie Walker you lose to this one!
    www.woundedwarriorproject.org
    http://semperfifund.org/
    Wanted: Jarosz Model 75

Glenfiddich 15 yr Solera Reserve

I will second the Lagavulin. It is very good, great price as well.

Make that a third... Good stuff

Famous Grouse. Decent, and it won't kill the budget.

If you like the Glenfiddich 15...., try the 18. It's much better scotch for the price point.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information