Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst YT reviewer/knife channel ?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTideShooter View Post
    No humble approach, just being real. The gods honest truth is that I just don't have the energy to argue, so I'll just sit back and take my licks.

The way I look at it, everyone does stuff from time to time that they're not proud of, the thing with YT is that it's there for the world to see, permanently if you don't take it down. I actually leave some of my more embarassing moments up on purpose, just for levity. People that know me in real life know that I am very self deprecating, and absolutely quick to lay blame on myself. It genuinely confuses me how I can come off as being the exact opposite of that in my vids. Just another one of life's mysteries I reckon.

i wasn't looking for an argument but i'm glad that we went a few rounds. not because i feel like anyone won or lost but maybe now we can put it behind us.

trust me i had no cruel intentions.

i know ill never get you to admit it, but im sure there are some YT channels that you can't stand yourself.

thanks for responding.
    "persistence is to the character of man as carbon is to steel" - napoleon hill

Quote Originally Posted by KLJTech View Post
    I wouldn't spend another second even thinking about it, those that enjoy your channel will watch it and those that don't can move on. So far I haven't be billed for any of the tidbits of information I've picked up from your videos so I hardly see why anyone should be complaining. Plus, everyone makes mistakes...everyone, so how about the stop throwing stones at one of our own.

We are ALL here because we share a common interest so let's focus on rather than all the negativity.
    at this point you've already spent too much time thinking about it.

if you disagree that's perfectly fine but no one needs you to defend them. you're also off topic here.

yes, this thread started going the wrong direction but that wasn't why it was started.

i'm hoping we can get back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by jwblack911 View Post
    I would like to post my opinion on the subject, there are channels I watch daily. And there are ones I don't bother watching anymore. But this thread is ridiculous, a bash thread to put down guys/gals who go out of their way and take time out of there busy lives to bring us entertaining knife related content. I see no reason for a thread to put down other knife enthusiasts and their personal opinions. if I do not agree with their personal philosophies and perspectives I simply don't go out of my way to watch their content. This topic is childish and immature. I'm surprised it hasent been locked yet.
    Very well put sir. Totally agree.

All I can say is that the worst reviewer on Youtube has to be NYCDave212 for the simple... He stopped....

OK Before people go nuts... I'm kidding... I really do miss the Cigar, Black leather background and the crazy knives.
    He sounded really down to earth.

Quote Originally Posted by four_shore View Post
    i wasn't looking for an argument but i'm glad that we went a few rounds. not because i feel like anyone won or lost but maybe now we can put it behind us.

trust me i had no cruel intentions.

i know ill never get you to admit it, but im sure there are some YT channels that you can't stand yourself.

thanks for responding.
    Of course you have cruel intentions. You feel that you are above other people. This is why you feel free to call me an "absolute mental case." The fact of the matter is that you have no solid evidence for that. I make it perfectly clear that I am purposely over the top in my videos. If you meet me outside of youtube, you will find that I am quiet person.

Let's all stop arguing on this thread already. It's just fundamentally flawed, there no other way to put it as it's a topic which was to always inevitably going to lead to bashing on certain people. There will be people like Nutnfancy who are making money out of youtube but come on, which youtuber starts a channel with the intention of using youtube as their job and to be honest some people do like the 40 minute reviews. It's about a discussion and if you don't want to participate in it then that's fine. I'm not siding with nutnfancy or anyone but think about it this way, you bash on youtubers because you don't like their content but they don't bash on you for not liking their content do they? I come on to bladeforums because we're supposed to be friendly and open here, I thought that was the spirit of the knife community and not to bash on those who are trying to contribute. It'd be great if this thread got locked sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by mindsmirror View Post
    Of course you have cruel intentions. You feel that you are above other people. This is why you feel free to call me an "absolute mental case." The fact of the matter is that you have no solid evidence for that. I make it perfectly clear that I am purposely over the top in my videos. If you meet me outside of youtube, you will find that I am quiet person.
    you kind of brought that on yourself with the drama on YT. i don't need solid evidence because most people know what im referring to.

ahh what the hell..

epic..

Quote Originally Posted by four_shore View Post
    you kind of brought that on yourself with the drama on YT. i don't need solid evidence because most people know what im referring to.

ahh what the hell..

epic..
    The fact that you can't tell that is an amazingly obvious joke is what makes you unqualified to make judgments about whether or not I have some kind of mental problem.

Now, on to this idea that I bring your abuse upon myself. I find this concept laughable. You are the one making threads intended to trash people. You are the one trashing people who have said nothing negative about you. You're also the one who is then trying to claim that you aren't trying to trash people. I point out this inconsistency, and this is your response. You have no actual evidence to support your claims. Pointing at a joke video and claiming it is serious is not evidence. Anyone who actually takes that video seriously, especially given the end of it, is completely retarded (ie - you are completely retarded).

I think I will make a video about you actually, lol. It will be fun.
    Last edited by mindsmirror; 10-05-2012 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dflores View Post
    My momma says Jdavis is the devil!!

LMAO! Jus' like dem foosball!

"you are completely retarded"

Really mindsmirror? I thought this type of name calling went out in 3rd grade.

As an instructor, I often find myself critiquing a video without realizing it. I then have to force myself to step back and understand that this individual doesn't have the same experiences, the same training, or the same background as I do. The information that he/she gives in the video isn't necessarily "written in stone" but it's what that person knows from his/her experiences - which is from an entirely different point of view than mine. Because I'm still very much a noob, I can still learn that information yet keep an open mind as to its validity. So when I watch a video that's narrated by someone with a monotone voice and with about as much excitement as watching paint dry, I remind myself that this person is simply using a method to convey information in a way that works best for them. I may not care much for their methods, but I can still learn from them and I can still appreciate the fact that someone took the time to record and upload the video - even if little effort was made towards editing it.

And by the way, I'm not actually referring to any YT'er listed in this thread by my "paint drying" statement, I'm actually referring to instructors I've had to endure in the past.
    Last edited by bear5177; 10-05-2012 at 08:15 AM. Reason: clarify

Quote Originally Posted by brownshoe View Post
    "you are completely retarded"

Really mindsmirror? I thought this type of name calling went out in 3rd grade.
    You call it name calling, I call it pointing out facts.

I also like how calling me a "mental case" without any provocation while providing absolutely ZERO evidence can apparently be regarded as acceptable behavior, while me calling him retarded for using a joke video to attempt to "prove" my insanity is somehow a "pre-3rd grade" behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by bear5177 View Post
    As an instructor, I often find myself critiquing a video without realizing it. I then have to force myself to step back and understand that this individual doesn't have the same experiences, the same training, or the same background as I do. The information that he/she gives in the video isn't necessarily "written in stone" but it's what that person knows from his/her experiences - which is from an entirely different point of view than mine. Because I'm still very much a noob, I can still learn that information yet keep an open mind as to its validity. So when I watch a video that's narrated by someone with a monotone voice and with about as much excitement as watching paint dry, I remind myself that this person is simply using a method to convey information in a way that works best for them. I may not care much for their methods, but I can still learn from them and I can still appreciate the fact that someone took the time to record and upload the video - even if little effort was made towards editing it.
    I think it's also worth noting that not everyone has the time to edit videos. I don't usually edit videos due to the amount of time it takes. I'm currently pursuing a physics degree and I am often extremely busy.

Sorry about the double post, I meant to add this to my previous post!

"I think it's also worth noting that not everyone has the time to edit videos. I don't usually edit videos due to the amount of time it takes. I'm currently pursuing a physics degree and I am often extremely busy.

Sorry about the double post, I meant to add this to my previous post!"

Wow. You must not sleep - at all.
    Last edited by bear5177; 10-05-2012 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Screwed up the original post quote - somehow

Nutn's vids have become hogwash. He wants to tell me a sebbie is a tactical knife, that a folder less than 4oz is poo poo, blatantly yelling that he's sold thousands of knives for companies and thinking he's so cool because he calls his kid, "dude".

Oh, and now he's a political expert telling me how I should vote?

I watch tuff, nutn, jdavis, smokeeater pretty regularly. Do I agree with every single thing they say? Nope. I still find their videos informative. Before I go out and spend a ton of money on a knife. I check the reviews on the forums and YouTube, and then form my own opinion. I say post whatever you want on your channel. You can't please everyone, no point in trying

F_S, are you kidding? YouTube is better than watching TV. Knifeknuts are generally good people and actually quite entertaining.

Mindsmirror's rants and Jdavis' cut tests help my deal with my own knife sickness.

Chill out, bro.

I would rather watch a 30 minute nutn knife vid than the horrible crap on tv.

The worse ones... they get switched off in 10 seconds.

The best ones like Jdavis' get watched all the way through.

Quote Originally Posted by TEFL0N_D0N_81 View Post
    Nutn's vids have become hogwash. He wants to tell me a sebbie is a tactical knife, that a folder less than 4oz is poo poo, blatantly yelling that he's sold thousands of knives for companies and thinking he's so cool because he calls his kid, "dude".

Oh, and now he's a political expert telling me how I should vote?
    i totally agree.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information