Thread: rain.. rain.. and more rain.. photo update

rain.. rain.. and more rain.. photo update

ADVERTISEMENT
    so i took my 16 on backpacking this weekend with my son's boy scout troop. it rained on and off most of the day. we "backpacked" 4 hrs.. then came back to base camp for dinner. we packed some deli and veggies, so my 16 did its part in cutting up the veggies. i know i sharpened it, but i was mildly surprised at how well it was cutting the tomatoes.

i was looking to demonstrate my newly found skill in firestarting without match or lighter, or man made tinder.. but almost everything was wet out there. didn't want to break branches in front of boy scouts. and i didn't seen anything that's dried on or off the ground. so took out my old white gas stove and had nice warm meal in the rain. i've been wearing danner boots for hiking and camping for last few year, this was the first time it rained like this. that boot held up without any issue what so ever. total bomb proof. enjoyed the weekend. just hoped i had more chance to play with 16 and some wood..

with fully loaded backpack, i couldn't carry 16 on the belt, pack belt get in the way. so it rode on my cargo pocket. i think 16 is perfect for backpacking.. i can't imagine carrying anything too heavier with fully loaded backpack.
    Last edited by bullet08; 10-01-2012 at 08:25 PM.

sounds like it was a good time even with the rain. i'm sure everyone still had fun. I'm curious about what the scouts thought of the 16? thanks for sharing.

i was the only one with fixed blade.. some of the adults were shocked. i had my fun

wonder what they would say if i had 9 on me.

Quote Originally Posted by bullet08 View Post
    i was the only one with fixed blade.. some of the adults were shocked. i had my fun

wonder what they would say if i had 9 on me.
    You have to break 'em in slowly. Bring the big BK's next time. By the third hike you'll have guys asking for knife advice.

some pix.

Blog Entries
    Very cool man! Our scout troop had a campout this last weekend as well. Friday night it rained horribly and just kept getting worse as we were setting up tents. Saturday and Sunday though were very nice days. Weather was beautiful.

"Go Forth & Propagate you ignorant git. " - Phil Gibbs

Very cool! wet adventure

Thread Information