Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bigfoot - let's hear your true encounters

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by panzertroop View Post
    Tree banging in the deep dark woods? Tell the truth
    Is that what the condoms in the BOB are for?

There are places in Skamania County, Wa that if Big Foot didn't exist, he should...

They even protect Big Foot by law:
    Skamania County, Washington passed a law regarding Bigfoot in 1969 declaring that "any willful, wanton slaying of such creatures shall be deemed a felony" subject to substantial fine and/or imprisonment. The fact that this legislation was passed on April 1 did not escape notice, but County Commissioner Conrad Lundy said that "this is not an April Fool's Day joke ... there is reason to believe such an animal exists."[33][citation needed] Hunter and Dahinden mention their own "speculation that Skamania County authorities had their ears tuned much more to the music of a publicity bandwagon than to any song of distress" for Bigfoot.[34][citation needed] Notwithstanding, the ordinance was amended in 1984 to preclude an insanity defense and to consider such a killing homicide if the creature was proven by the coroner to be humanoid.[35][citation needed]

I think it was also in '84 when they realized a County could not have a felony, and changed the law to a misdemeanor...

Also enjoyed this book, and was fortunate to meet the author!

Guess I'm probably agnostic about it too; but enjoy the mystery/possibility...!
    Have talked with a couple of locals who 'have' seen Big Foot - who knows.
    Still peering through my skepticles...

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by dipbait View Post
    200 years from now this will still be debated. Thats my prediction.
    Most likely, because there will still be no proof, and still be people who believe in spite of it.

A bigfoot I could see hiding in the woods and not being discovered, there is a lot of very rugged inaccessible country out here in WA. But there would need to be hundreds of them for a long term sustained population and with that many out there someone, sometime, somewhere would have found conclusive evidence. A carcass, skeleton, someones game cam would have gotten a GOOD photo of one - something.

I'd like to believe they're out there, heck planes crash in the mountains and aren't always found, but so far I haven't seen any evidence to convince me there is still a population of sasquatch anywhere in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Minibear464 View Post
    Nope, can't say I'm sure I have. Scariest moment of camping was in the middle of the night, I heard this really loud scream/screech. Almost sounded like a person screaming, but it was more like a screech, extremely loud, and just scary. Also, it sounded really raw.
    Well hell ya. Those banana peppers burn on the way in...and on the way out !

Quote Originally Posted by Monofletch View Post
    With all the hunters and their game cams- you would think someone would have a picture by now.
    Actually there is a lot of video out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_fve...eature=related

I did have an encounter once(I think)
    I know folks are gonna ridicule me but here goes....
    I was traveling with my wife one night and we took some lefts and rights down a road.For some reason,my wife wanted to stop.She said"let's go ahead and get out."I gotta be honest...I was completely unnerved.There was trees all around and an eerie calm outside.Pitch dark,except for the moon.Trees on both side.A wind picked up slightly when we got out.I walked around the front of the truck and grabbed her hand.
    That's when I saw it.
    It wasn't all that big but it's arms looked like it dragged the ground.Glowing red eyes.I swear I thought I saw large eye teeth,good for chewing roots and small rodents.
    My wife jumped in front of me.I was shocked.
    My wife said "Hi mom".

Look up MK Davis on youtube or Jimmy Chillcut, I've met them both and they both do in depth research into the subject. MK specializes in video analysis and Jimmy Chillcut is a latent fingerprint expert specializing in primate prints. There is alot more evidence out there than most know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred A View Post
    There is alot more evidence out there than most know about.
    Unfortunately (Because I am really hoping that the big guy exists), the evidence is not conclusive enough... or else the debate would be over.

Sketchy video, unidentified DNA, finger prints, hair, vocalizations and eye witness accounts appear very convicing... but without a body to connect them all, we still have no closure.

For those who have had the encounters... it can be very real, indeed. I hope that I could hold the same standards for evidence and truth I have now, should I ever have an encounter... but I guess I won't know unless it happens, right?
    Last edited by Rick Marchand; 10-15-2012 at 11:24 AM.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

Rick Marchand
    ABS Apprentice Smith
    www.wildertools.com
    rickmarchand@wildertools.com
    Come visit me at Blade Show 2014. Table 19-O

but without a body to connect them all, we still have no closure.
    This is the only thing that will ever end the debate. You would think that in this point in our history one would have turned up some how. But it's still cool to talk about! Its nice to have unknowns in this modern world.
    http://packmastergear.blogspot.com/

The only thing you can guess about a broken down old man is that he is a survivor - Joe Sarno

Never seen bigfoot. However, early, one cool fall morning i was walking my dog down a trail through the woods that i walked pretty often. I was going through a really thick brushy area with a lot of blueberry bushes, and when i got to a turn in the trail, i heard a screech that i kid you not sounded like a velociraptor from jurrasic park or something. Scared the crap out of me. Ive been hunting/camping/hiking in the same woods for 19 years and never heard that sound. Anyways, i turned the corner after a minute and there were a bunch of turkeys that i see all the time back there. Never had heard a turkey make that sound but i got a good laugh out of it afterwords! I think your state of mind has a lot to do with an experience you might have in the woods. I was tired, not fully awake yet and it was that silent time in the morning right when the suns coming up and the only noises you hear are the leaves. I wasn't expecting it so thats why it startled me. I think a lot of these stories are for similar reasons.

*My bad with the language
    Last edited by nbrown_303; 10-16-2012 at 07:21 AM. Reason: language

There are lots of animals that make noises "uncharacteristic" to what we normally hear from them.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

Rick Marchand
    ABS Apprentice Smith
    www.wildertools.com

Hi there! I very rarely post in this forum. Some may know me as the guy who does the art for Busse. Here's a piece I did a while back based on the Australian version. Hope you like it!

The timber industry is pretty big. I've always wondered, if they shut down an area for a small owl, what would they do for an unknown primate seen in every state but Hawaii? Pretty good incentive to keep it from being found. Just a thought though...

RobStanley, love the Yowie pic!!!

i think ive seen one when I went back for a look it wasnt there .. but i know what I saw . A long armed person shaped ( almost ) shaggy thing , hair the color of the grass covering it brown ish grey .. well over 6 foot tall , i think .. just shambling along , propped itself on some boulders to look out over the highway , the time it took to stop the car and get the camera was enough for it to vanish again .

Aboriginal lore tells of war between the hairy giants and the native people , there have been sightings kinda regular since colinisation .

could equally well have been a knuckle dragging guy in a ghillie suit doing god knows what out there too

I just think the lack of evidence outweighs the evidence.

I'm sure some of you guys probably don't believe in extraterrestrials either.

Quote Originally Posted by KuRUpTD View Post
    I'm sure some of you guys probably don't believe in extraterrestrials either.
    IMHO, the probability of alien life is much higher than that of a giant primate that appears in almost every wilderness, in every country, in every folklore... but has yet to be found.

Rick Marchand
    ABS Apprentice Smith
    www.wildertools.com

^ + 1 on that.
    SEMPER-FI TIL I DIETo have an opinion of a fact or set thereof is oxymoronic.It is an opinion if it may in fact be wrong.Otherwise, it is factual and not subject to opinion.Just so you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Marchand View Post
    IMHO, the probability of alien life is much higher than that of a giant primate that appears in almost every wilderness, in every country, in every folklore... but has yet to be found.
    Maybe there's a connection ?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information