Thread: Help Me Find My Perfect EDC Knife

Help Me Find My Perfect EDC Knife

ADVERTISEMENT
    I currently EDC an ESEE 3-MIL CP. It's the closest I've been able to find to what I want, but there's room for improvement. Here's my wish list (in no particular order):

1. Overall length: 7.5"-8.3"
    2. Blade length: 3.3"-4"
    3. Blade thickness: 1/8"-3/16"
    4. Blade type: Drop-point or spear point with sharpened swedge (preferred) or dagger (symmetrical blade cross-section) WITH NO CHOIL (and preferably not even a notch between the blade and ricasso)
    5. Blade material: Stainless steel (e.g., 440C, 154CM, VG10) BUT I will accept 1095 IF ALL OTHER SPECIFICATIONS ARE SATISFIED
    6. Handle: Micarta (preferred) or G10 scales, fastened with SS torx screws
    7. Glass breaker pommel (preferred)
    8. Substantial protrusion or guard between index finger and blade WITH MINIMAL DISTANCE BETWEEN THE TWO (The Benchamde Nim Cub II is an excellent example)
    9. Quality construction
    10. An excellent polymer sheath (Kydex, Concealex, etc.) suitable for pocket carry with removable clip and independent retention (any straps must be removable)
    11. I'm willing to pay $150

Thanks for the help.

I would get a custom. Check out gravelleknives.com For you I think you want his FK-small. I got a HUK in .020 s35vn for 160 I took the teclock off the excellent kydex sheath and its a great edc pocket knife.
    Last edited by whateatsrabbits; 10-01-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Yeah, a custom is probably the only way. I do have a Justin King creation that's just a tad big (my fault). I may go that route again, but I was hoping I might be able to find a production knife and get two do the price of a single custom.

Thread Information