Thread: Benchmade 810 finally here

Benchmade 810 finally here

ADVERTISEMENT
    I love it. But. There's always a but, it's tight like really tight. Should I lossen the pivot or just wait. The blade is slightly off centered its not rubbing but kinda bothers me. Is there anything I can do about it. Any advice would be great. There is also a spot when close it that definitely hangs up. I'd rather not send it b
    ack if there is sumthin I can do about it. What do you think...

If it's tight then try loosening the pivot. That's about all you can do. What do you mean by it hanging up when you close it? Do you own other axis lock knives? That sounds normal if it's just overcoming the spring mechanism of the lock.

There is a spot that is rough/gritty feeling for about a 1/4 inch then it's smooth again

I think I know what your talking about. Just put something like pb blaster oil on the blade tang, just barely a drop. It should help smooth out the contact of the axis bar to the blade tang. As for the tightness, that's normal on any brand new knife. I too have an 810 contego which the pivot was tight on, and all I did was open and close it a lot. It really helped in making opening the knife really smooth. Other than that congrats on getting the knife. You'll love it!

I just got mine and I'm very happy with it. Can't find a thing wrong and it flies open.

Thread Information