Thread: Broken benchmade axis lock spring?

Broken benchmade axis lock spring?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Ok so the omega spring is broken on my benchmade Osborne. And I really don't like dealing with long turnaround times. And defenatly don't trust any postal services that I can think of with my 200 dollar knife. So what do I do? Is there any way I can get benchmade to send me an omega spring? If not is there any way I can make my own omega spring? Thanks guys.

I've heard that you can use piano wire or other similar wire to make your own. Never actually tried it though.

I made springs for some of my broken Axis-locks. Used low E string guitar wire. If you have a good music supply store you might be able to find some heavier duty piano wire that would have more "spring" and a bigger gauge.

It's pretty simple really. Keep in mind you will probably want to replace both sides in order to keep the tension on the Axis bar similar, otherwise one side is going to have more resistance than the other.
    "Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me."
    --Immanuel Kant

Thread Information