View Poll Results: Would you participate in a EDC-4 Preorder promotion?

Voters
242. You may not vote on this poll
  • No thanks, not for me.

22 9.09%
  • Yes, I would buy one!

181 74.79%
  • Yes, I would buy two!

36 14.88%
  • Yes, I would buy three!

2 0.83%
  • I need Christmas gifts. Sign me up for four!

1 0.41%
Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: POLL: SURVIVE! EDC-4 Preorder Promotion. Would you participate?

Question POLL: SURVIVE! EDC-4 Preorder Promotion. Would you participate?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Ok, here's the scoop. I am pondering doing a follow up preorder special for those who like a smaller knife. What I am considering is offering the EDC-4 for around $110 in CPM-3V and $120 in Elmax. As with the GSO-10 promotion, some options will be included at the base price, with sheaths and certain options still being available at additional cost. Before I put too much thought and effort into it, I want to know if interest is there. Ive been getting a LOT of questions about this model, most wondering when it will be available again for purchase. I would love to make sure everyone has a great Christmas, with one last crazy promotion, if enough interest is there. So please consider casting a vote if you would be interested. As always, thoughts and comments are welcome.

-Guy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SURVIVE!; 10-08-2012 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Added additional photo

Yes Guy, I'd buy one. I was going to vote no becuase I wanted to hold out for the GSO-5.1, but why not have both.

These look to be perfect for my 2 boys Christmas gifts...
    So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

"Chance favours the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
    #929 in RyanW's 2014 GAW!

Quote Originally Posted by MODiFiEDZ View Post
    Yes Guy, I'd buy one. I was going to vote no becuase I wanted to hold out for the GSO-5.1, but why not have both.
    Thanks Guys! I really appreciate the participation in this poll. I ask questions so I can better serve you.

I am VERY interested in the Elmax version but with a what is the RC?

(Nice website)
    Last edited by Thomas Linton; 10-07-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Absolutely! I am very much interested in purchasing two. I really hope you can offer this!

Sincerely,
    Mark
    Integrity Counts

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Linton View Post
    I am VERY interested in the Elmax version but with a coupe of questions: 1) who does the heat-treating: and 2) to what RC?
    1) Peter's heat treat, in Meadville PA. These guys are doing amazing things with my blades.
    2) 59-60Rc with a long soak cryo treatment during the tempering process.

I'll also be making some more Elmax performance videos later this week, with my new GSO-5.1 model. Here is the EDC-4 in action:

Last edited by SURVIVE!; 10-07-2012 at 07:40 PM. Reason: typo

I'm in for at least two. I don't know how you'll find the time after the chopper promo. Do these have spine jimping?

Quote Originally Posted by ceptor781 View Post
    I'm in for at least two. I don't know how you'll find the time after the chopper promo. Do these have spine jimping?
    I was looking at the time frame and that's why I'm considering this promotion now. I don't want to miss the Christmas deadline for getting these out to people. The sooner I can know if this might be possible, the better. If the interest is there and the materials are available, I'll make this thing happen.

My Gen-2 variant of this has spine jimping, like my GSO-5.1 but I would run those specs by everyone before deciding one way or the other. I prefer the Gen-2 myself but we'll see how it shakes out in the next few weeks.

Gen 2, we can only move forward right? Hope you get the same response as the GSO10.

Off topic, what is your standard blade finish? I'm gonna jump on a 5.1 and would like tumbled if it's available.

I just watched the 3v strength test and all I can say is HOLY COW! Ya, I'd like to get one for sure.
    It takes more of a man to be a gentleman.

As soon as this promo comes up im on it. So sad I didnt see these knives when they were for sale last time. I would also like to add this; Guy you are smashing the high end knife world into circles. I bet there are other knife makers out there asking themselves "How is he selling such high end products at these prices."

I definitely would be if you did the run around Christmas... or offered pre-orders around Christmas.

What are the major difference of 3V vrs Elmax for bushcrafting use? I am guessing toughness vrs edge-retention
    Last edited by MEJ; 10-07-2012 at 09:14 PM.

Crude now I have to buy my second one.....

After seeing the E2E videos and then yours, I so want in on one of your Elmax knives. Hopefully things work out.

I'd be in for one in 3V.

I would like one in Elmax if shipping to Canada could be arranged.

I'd buy one just to go with my GSO-10, maybe 2 if I can afford it at the time you offer it

I'm in without a doubt... Say when and where, and I'm there!

I hate to be a hound but I'm definitely in, want a 5.1 elmax tooooooo definitely the elmax in the edc-4 can't wait for the gso-10 and now hopefully the 4 and 5. Can I put myself in a already ordered for any future products... you need to have a VIP club so we can preorder before you even design the next product, they are that good..... Thanks

Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information