Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Important outdoor gear:

Blog Entries

Important outdoor gear:

ADVERTISEMENT
    Just got to have one of these with you out in the bush!

My old lab was excellent at smelling bears and just "knowing" when one was around. If you heard him growing and the hair on the back of his neck stood up it was time to look around and pay attention as it usually meant trouble was near by. I work in forestry and spend a lot of time alone in the woods. Having a dog also gives you someone to talk to versus talking to youself all day

She was a little tired for the photos after the long drive home form the kennel.

Bruce

Aaaaw what a cute little one
    I wish I had the time for a dog

She looks like she's just begging for a nap in that first pic .

Super cute, no doubt she'll make a great woods buddy.

And chicks dig 'em!

Gorgeous pup!

Aww so cute, my Black Lab Bart turns 3 in March greatest purchase I ever made. He's my best friend. Anyone who doesn't own a dog has a huge hole in their life.

Congratulations Bruce! Getting a dog was the second best thing to ever happen to my life (gilfriend comes first). My girlfriend and I include the dogs in everything and make most of our plans based on whether they can go or not.

Cute puppy! I know I always feel safer when my Attack Bassett is near.

My avatar is my Grandaughter, Hanna, who is battling leukemia.

R.I.P udtjim - One Of The Good Guys

Visit My Web Store
    http://www.jkhandmadeknives.com/apps/webstore/

Visit My Forum In The Makers Section
    http://jkhandmadeknives.com/
    jkiedaisch@sbcglobal.net

Blog Entries
    One day when I was working in the woods with my old lab, Tarr, he started rolling around and yiping. I ran up to him to see what was wrong only to get stung 3 times myself. As he usually ran ahead out in front of me when ever this happened again I would keep my distance - he saved me from quite a few yellow jacket nests over the years.

Cute hound there John. Do they ever trip on those ears when they try to run?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Culberson View Post
    One day when I was working in the woods with my old lab, Tarr, he started rolling around and yiping. I ran up to him to see what was wrong only to get stung 3 times myself. As he usually ran ahead out in front of me when ever this happened again I would keep my distance - he saved me from quite a few yellow jacket nests over the years.

Cute hound there John. Do they ever trip on those ears when they try to run?
    She trips on them all the time, and after I take her out in the morning they are soaking wet from the dew.

My avatar is my Grandaughter, Hanna, who is battling leukemia.

R.I.P udtjim - One Of The Good Guys

Visit My Web Store
    http://www.jkhandmadeknives.com/apps/webstore/

Visit My Forum In The Makers Section
    http://jkhandmadeknives.com/
    jkiedaisch@sbcglobal.net

Since having recently moved back to the US from abroad, my kids have been busting my chops about getting a K9 unit. They chose one about 3 yrs ago, but it was a disaster and we had to find another home for it. This time i made the choice (and provided the name!!!!). I'm hoping he will be a great hiking/camping companion as well.

and here's another one just to practice portraiture.....

Ya just gotta luv 'em!!!

Great looking pup Bruce, I'd never be out and about so much if it wasn't for having my canine companions to tag along !

I thought a hunter such as yourself might have gone for somthing like this ~

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/karelianbeardog.htm

Can't wait to get a new pup. My daughter is almost potty trained and the wife agreed. We get two new hounds 6 months after she is 100% out of diapers. Apparently we can only have one member of the household CRA(*(*& inside at a time. I don't count as I am just full of it but I occasionally managed to keep it under control. I really miss my two dogs. They went through everything with me, divorce, business failure, tons of hunting and they were great at knocking over your beer so they could clean it up.

Some dogs are easier to house break than others. Jake, my Llewellen Setter was great from early on. He lives inside and seldom gets into things. Of course he gets plenty of exercise outside and that helps.

"A knife in a mans hand is as precious as a diamond necklace on a womans neck" Felix Mirando

As the great Andrew Martin once said "One is glad to be of service".

Blog Entries
    That is an interesting breed Pit!

I'm just stuck on the labs - easy to train, good family temperment, will hunt birds.....

That is a happy looking dog Codger.

I got my chocolate lab the day he turned five months old. Took him on a short hike alongside a creek near here. Which meant I went in the creek, too. That dog loves water more than I love beer and steak. Which is a lot. I wouldnt trade him for the world. I love him more than I love most people. And when I call him 'meth lab' (his name is actually Duncan) he jumps up and down, spins in circles, and barks. Best dog ever.

While i failed to comment on your thread Bruce, i think you bring up a *great* point: Dogs as companions are great!!! While they're not human, they sure affect our emotions in a very personal, "human" sorta way.

I'm sure i'm not alone in this, but i really enjoy seeing someone's T/R pics and especially enjoy seeing their family and dog(s) in those pics.

THanks for this thread!

While i failed to comment on your thread Bruce, i think you bring up a *great* point: Dogs as companions are great!!! While they're not human, they sure affect our emotions in a very personal, "human" sorta way.

I'm sure i'm not alone in this, but i really enjoy seeing someone's T/R pics and especially enjoy seeing their family and dog(s) in those pics.

THanks for this thread!

Great looking Lab Bruce!
    I always take my Pit Bull out in the woods with me, she's got her own backpack in which she carries her own food, helps keep me warm at night, and she always knows when another animal is around.

necklace and dog 034.jpgnecklace and dog 001.jpgnecklace and dog 033.jpg

She's a cutie!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information