Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: you know you're a knife guy when...

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by viper89 View Post
    My shower EDC is a Spyderco Atlantic Salt
    Dude! Where do you clip it

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoley4 View Post
    when You equate product values to knives. "that Tv is only the price of two hinderer's"
    When your knife gets its own pocket. (nothing to scratch it)
    When your vacations are going to a knife show.
    I totally do the pricing thing, it used to be in terms of video games I could buy for the same price, then CDs, now knives

when your emptying your recycle and it looks like you must own a paper shredder but you don't

When you see a knife in a movie you know exactly what knife it is and then you tell the person next to you what the name of the knife is and they look at you weird

Quote Originally Posted by LX_Emergency View Post
    Dude! Where do you clip it
    In a kydex sheath on a chain around my neck :P

When your knife budget is 3 times the size of your food budget.

When you have a back up knife to your back up's back up.
    When your friends and family are waiting for you with dull knives when you get to their house.
    When you have to count on more than one hand how many knives you've got with you.
    When you are happier to see the mailman than some of your crazy family members.

When you've seen this same thread repeated every couple months . .

When you're watching the numbers go up on the gas pump thinking 'THAT could have been a Spyderco Grasshopper...THAT could have been a Kershaw Skyline...THAT could have been a Spyderco Delica...THAT could have been a Becker BK-15..."

When you get more excited to meet a fellow knife knut at a party than a hot girl.

When you finally close your open Blade Forums window at 1AM convinced there are no more cool new posts for you to read for the night, then reopen it 10 minutes later because there must be SOMETHING you missed, or maybe someone posted a cool new thread in the last 10 minutes

When you get upset that you forgot to take your EDC knife... and are stuck with its' back up only...

When your better half starts casually taking a knife from your pocket to open bags/boxes/containers...

When you spend 500+€ on some kitchen knives only to use your newest pocket knife, because its more fun
    When you feel weird all day because you forgot to put your knife/knives in your pocket
    When your credit card bill is way too high, because you just had to order the last one the dealer had in stock

When you leave your house without a knife and will turn around to go get your favorite even though you keep a spare in the glove box!
    WTB- Les George Rockeyes small, regular, and extra large. If you have one and want entertain the idea of getting rid of it... LET ME KNOW!

When your girlfriend can name your favorite blade steel, maker, and knows everyone at the local knife shop on a first name basis; because she gets dragged there so often.
    WTB- Les George Rockeyes small, regular, and extra large. If you have one and want entertain the idea of getting rid of it... LET ME KNOW!

When you see professional chefs steeling their knives haphazardly on a steel. Nails on a chalkboard to me. I cringe when I see Gordon Ramsay steel a knife. It may be for show, but it's really unsettling.

Some (most) of these are hilarious. And so true!

Quote Originally Posted by sigsoup View Post
    When someone catches you fondling your knife and there is that moment of awkwardness like someone's intruding on a very special time.
    LOL! There's a lot of awkwardness around knives here these days. I hate it when you get out your Vic Classic to open an envelope and the whole room goes silent and tumble-weed rolls around.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisB507 View Post
    When you have one on you, or near you, any time and everywhere except maybe in the shower...
    I've got a Mora in the shower, and another in the john!

when you go to the sporting goods store the employees know you only came to look at knives.

when you check knife websites for new released knives every day.

on black friday you just wanna buy knives.
    Last edited by Nutty Knife Nut; 10-10-2012 at 04:15 AM.

you lost count how many times you accidently sliced yourself

When I see the knife, I know instantly, I will have it, I will search, and read, and watch everything online about it, I'll work more, I will save, and collect cans, and bring scrap metal for $$$'s, but I will have it, eventually I will have it, and so far I always got it. (My new XM arrived yesterday...Hell Yea!)

Quote Originally Posted by Windex_ View Post
    When you leave your house without a knife and will turn around to go get your favorite even though you keep a spare in the glove box!
    You leave your house without knife, I don't understand???

When you ALWAYS check a bag when flying.
    When you hate government buildings, even if you don't give a damn about politics.
    When you complain loudly to anyone who listens every time you see some fantasy knife make an appearance on TV.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information