Thread: Diagnosis is in, I'm sick guys...

Stockton, CA - We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.

Diagnosis is in, I'm sick guys...

ADVERTISEMENT
    ...and there are very few survivors. Amputation is considered an extreme, yet effective treatment. Depression is a symptom of the disease as well as the possible cure. Treatment is time consuming, expensive, and not guranteed to work. Relapse is common in 85% of known infected individuals. It is also hereditary.

My insurance doesn't cover it, my bank account can't handle it. This could be the beginning of the downward spiral.

-X

I poured myself a glass of bourbon and added one ice cube. I got out my pen and paper. I headed out to the garage and just couldn't help myself. I know its 1100pm at night on a Tuesday, but when I looked over at the line up of knife projects sitting on my bench I couldn't help myself, I fired up the grinder!

I've been diagnosed with cutlers disease! All I wanted to do was grab a knife to trace out and work on handle designs, but got a sudden urge of creativity (and some thin blue smoke...) and had to do some grinding right then and there!

Two small knives I've been moving around my bench for a while now. One in .110" 1084, a hidden tang B&T sporting a FFG and a swedge, already heat treated and now ground to 120# with just some touch up to do.

The other is a rework of a design my good buddy DanCo sent me already drawn out on some band saw steel, believed to be 15N20. It is known to Uddenholm steel, .060" thick. Its a spin off of the venerable Sharpfinger pattern. My version sports a three finger grip with a birds head handle. Continuous curve blade with enough knuckle clearance for cutting board work, also th hump back design lends itself nicely to extreme fine tip work with your index finger placed on the spine. It is not heat treated yet.

Here are the two with a DFK tanto for comparison. Its obvious that Daniel has a much more advanced stage of this disease, when you see the symptoms side by side.

Like I said, amputation of my hands would be the only effective treatment for such a sickness, but I think I'll take the chances and ride it out. Many people have lived long and happy lives with this disease, yet others have been found hunched over a pile of steel shavings, hands misfigured and contorted to the shapes of sanding block, scars and burns are frequent. Daniel, I hope you make it through this affliction safely!

-Xander

Oh snap. Bourbon and grinders...you'll be in my prayers, X. And i'll keep an eye peeled out to check on your work, looks like good stuff is coming out of these late-night flare-ups, lol.

Obviously your condition is terminal like it is for many here

It must be going around. It must be what I have . I should call in to work. I don't want to give it to anyone. That B&T blade is looking nice X.

I started bending lowrider titanium pocket clips for some of my EDC folders these past few days, is this another symptom? I might need an intervention before long. Maybe a trip to Vegas is in order...

Quote Originally Posted by gooeytek View Post
    I started bending lowrider titanium pocket clips for some of my EDC folders these past few days, is this another symptom? I might need an intervention before long. Maybe a trip to Vegas is in order...
    That's how it all starts. You think one or two little symptoms is no big deal, but it is a snowball effect. One turns into 10 turns into 100, then you need more equipment, then more mterials, then more time off, then a bigger shop, and it goes on and on...

-X

My prayers are for you. It seems like there is no stopping you from making knives! Neat work.

Nice work! I hope you didn't catch that from the tanto!

lol Awesome!
    www.fairlyknives.com
    DFK Bladeforums Forum
    Craftsmanship Without Compromise DFK ------ Daniel Fairly Knives Connoisseur Grade Cutlery ----------------------- These go to eleven!

Yeah, Tanto fever is BAD!!

Thread Information