Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 1311 anyone?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Got mine! Upon my return from oversees...I saw the PS notice...and picked it up right away even though I was sleep deprived. I freakING love it. I like the thickness...it is one bad azz thick machete...! DIG IT.

nothing yet on my end still hopeing it will be soon
    Nothing But Respect,
    Gary
    bebacon61

I'm starting to get jealous now! My order confirmation is 5 minutes after they went for sale and nothing so far!

still havent gotten mine either........order 3 for myself and two friends, waiting waiting waiting....

Quote Originally Posted by Rat Finkenstein View Post
    beef jerky?

Great idea!

I'm still waiting on my 1311s, two of which will go in these sheaths.

I usually receive the knives first and then order the sheaths. This time the sheaths arrived first.

Strange but good.

I got mine today. It feels awesome. My largest Scrap Yard box ever. I am glad the Yard used the thinner stock. I think the thicker stock would be too much.

I'm hoping mine will show up tomorrow lol. I paid on monday and Mrs Renee said they were ready to ship. I'm stoked!! Need2know posted a picture up with a comparison between the scrapishi sword, rucki, and 13-11. the 1311 is almost as big as the rucki. what a freaking beast!
    It's touchier than a Vatican summer camp in here-Expatriated
    Proud supporter of hard use knives
    Busse Combat, --- Oink soldier
    Horton Knives-- built for bad times
    Jk knives - your design or his.

The blades shown here is a modified (handle and cho) 19" ang Khola, a svord machete, and a nicholson 18" machete. The crazy part is that the three heavier knives have the same balance. The only difference is the weight. The beauty of the svord machete that ranks it above nearly all of it's competition (even excluding price range) is it's balance, it's blade heavy and feels like it can chop, yet is quick enough that it feels light in the hand. The same is true of the 1311, but it's much heavier in the hand. Heavier still is the ang khola with it/s 1/2" blade thickness.

I wish I had other busse models to compare it to in the photo's, but they have all been sold off. Compareing this to the B10LE (choiless) I would say that I'd choose this if I could only have one, having had both. The basic 10 (choiless) is probably a better back packing knife in that it's a bit lighter feeling in the hand, but the 1311 has more potential, having more skill as a machete and being able to reach farther into brambles without threatening your hand.

(1/2" thick ang khola, 3/16" 1311, 1/8" thick svord machete)

SQUIGGLES!!!!!!

and a little forced perspective to make it look super looooooooooong

Last edited by Last Visible Canary; 10-25-2012 at 12:27 AM.

Got it today. Ready to work it on some dead tree parts... nice tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Visible Canary View Post

The blades shown here is a modified (handle and cho) 19" ang Khola, a svord machete, and a nicholson 18" machete. The crazy part is that the three heavier knives have the same balance. The only difference is the weight. The beauty of the svord machete that ranks it above nearly all of it's competition (even excluding price range) is it's balance, it's blade heavy and feels like it can chop, yet is quick enough that it feels light in the hand. The same is true of the 1311, but it's much heavier in the hand. Heavier still is the ang khola with it/s 1/2" blade thickness.

I wish I had other busse models to compare it to in the photo's, but they have all been sold off. Compareing this to the B10LE (choiless) I would say that I'd choose this if I could only have one, having had both. The basic 10 (choiless) is probably a better back packing knife in that it's a bit lighter feeling in the hand, but the 1311 has more potential, having more skill as a machete and being able to reach farther into brambles without threatening your hand.

(1/2" thick ang khola, 3/16" 1311, 1/8" thick svord machete)

SQUIGGLES!!!!!!

and a little forced perspective to make it look super looooooooooong

Glad to see you got one, mine are still not here yet. I am looking forward to reading your thoughts on it as a user.
    Freedom is expensive, but you get what you pay for and a life worth living is worth fighting for to the end.
    AZHamT 2011

Current Bussekin for sale

Love mine.

If you can get one, I say do and quickly.

This came fast, about two weeks ago. I used PayPal so it was paid for when I ordered it so I think it shipped sooner than most.
    I did a little chopping with her and love it. It's very comfortable and bites deep. Its gonna be hard to top the 1311 at any price.

I want one so bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kydex is getting old sitting here waiting for it
    Buy Brown Kydex
    WTB; Busse HACK Bear Cubs ! Especially the Ram's Horn one !!!!
    azgunnut@earthlink.net

Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    I want one so bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kydex is getting old sitting here waiting for it
    ...... and I want you to have one as well....

Last edited by Andy the Aussie; 10-25-2012 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Double Tap

From this...

To this in under 10 minutes...

And while I know it was not a exhausting task, it was the branch that needed delt with, so it's the branch I fed to my 1311.

Like it never even happened after photos...

I thought mine were going to be here today but no luck I'm hoping to have it before this saturday so I can use it at the local Indiana chop in
    It's touchier than a Vatican summer camp in here-Expatriated
    Proud supporter of hard use knives
    Busse Combat, --- Oink soldier
    Horton Knives-- built for bad times
    Jk knives - your design or his.

Quote Originally Posted by grunt soldier View Post
    I thought mine were going to be here today but no luck I'm hoping to have it before this saturday so I can use it at the local Indiana chop in
    Hope it shows up for ya!

haven't gotten mine yet, but I did get my Gayle Bradley Air today hehehe...

I was on vacation when all of this registering went down. Any word if I'll be able to order it or is it secondary market only for me?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information