11" SGT Khukuri review

I went out this afternoon with my 11" Ang Khola khukuri and put it to the test. I found some deadfall trees and start chopping them up. They were knocked down recently during a storm and each was about three plus inches in diameter. I cut through the first tree rather quickly. I started thinking about how fast I could make a fort or shelter with this knife. Keep in mind that this knife is about the size of a KaBar or a Randall. I paid $65 shipped to me for it. After I had cut through the third tree my wife asked if I was getting tired yet. I told her 'No'. They only thing that bothered me was the silver cap on the butt kept digging into my pinky finger very bad. I either need to tap it down so that it is not there or cover it with some sort of leather. I went home and got a machete and went back out ito the woods again. I started to chop with the machete and it seemed as if the machete was just bouncing of the same trees. There was some penetration and eventually I made it through the trees but it took much more effort that with the khukuri. Eventually I can see myself selling most if not all of my knives. I am planning on getting another khukuri in the next several days. I am probably going to get the 18" WWII one next. I already have the 11" AK. I would like to get one of the crows but they go so damn fast. I will some day. Hopefully soon. That will make three HI knives. They are more addicting than anything!

Good to see someone enjoying a smaller AK! I have a 12" and love it. They are small enough to be extremely practical yet have more than enough chop behind them to outdo any knife it's size. As far as the buttcap problem... I had the same issue myself and found that rounding it off with a file followed by some light sand paper solved the problem right away.

Yup...many of us adjust the grips as we need or see fit.

Welcome!

Good review, thank you white feather

HIKV strikes again! Khuks definitely spoil you - most other "heavy choppers" end up looking and working like minis. 18" WWII is my personal favorite go-to blade, so sounds like you're moving in the right direction. Hope you post another review when it shows up.

Back