2 hawks

Just received my long awaited 2 military option War Hawks from 2 Hawks [Robert Thallman]. They are fine (most excellent) - Now that is what I expected, but 2 Hawks completed these while being extremely ill. He was upset and worried that I was put out for the wait. The craftsmanship is excellent, so much that I hate to actually throw the darn things. Let's keep 2 Hawks in our thoughts and prayers, wishing him a speedy full recovery.

Thanks 2 Hawks for your Craftsmanship and these fine Hawks - God Bless

I hope that you are well soon

:) :D :cool:

Yeah Two Hawks, tell whatever it is that is ailin ya I said knock it off!
Get better soon man.

Just so you know what we are talking about I have posted a picture of the Military Warhawk from Two Hawks that I got today. This is a superb example of handmade craftsmanship.

I also ask you to keep Robert in your thoughts as he goes through his illness.

Regards,

Ed

Attachments

• warhawk.jpg
    warhawk.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 350
Ed Thanks,
For posting the pic, does not do it justice, extremely excellent work. Thanks 2 Hawks, if you ever need an apprentice, I'm there.

sarge

:cool: :) :D :cool: :) :D

Sarge,

I agree that the picture does not show the work that Two Hawks has put into making this fine tool - I am looking forward to having the chance to go to the woods to play!! :D

Regards,

Ed

OHHHH! I like that! Question: Did you mottle the wrapping like that or was that predone? If not, howd ya do it (wood stain?)? NW

Geez, where be my mannerabilities? TH I do hope you get to feelin' better. Im lookin' to buy a nice hawk when summer starts. You fill a niche of quality vs. price that suits me nice. Take care. NW

Sarge, I have 4 of Robert's hawk's and one of his French trade knives. Why? Well, when I opened the box and saw what I received for my money, I HAD TO HAVE MORE! It's an illness that I have. When you get the kind of quality that you get from Two Hawks, you can't just have one! He is truly a craftsman, an artist, and he is in my prayers. I'd hope that with more of us praying for his recovery that he will, I haven't heard from Robert this week. It's a good sign that you got your 'hawk. I'm sure he's feeling ok, last week he said that he'd been in the shop a couple hours a day. I pray for a full recovery for you Two Hawks, get well soon, Mike

Northwind,

The camo/mottle finish comes as standard on the Military Hawk.

Regards,

Ed

Congrats on the Warhawks, guys. I have one on my wish list myself.

Mike, I bought one of Two Hawk's French Trade Knives for a buddy for Christmas. After I rec'd it, I tried to pick a fight with my friend so I wouldn't have to give it to him. ;) It's aother one on my wish list.

Get well soon, Two Hawks. You're in my thoughts.

All you guys, thanks VERY VERY MUCH for your kind words, your support, and your good wishes. When I started running out of energy and endurance and had to cut out most of the shows I had been doing, I wondered if I would ever be able to have the same kind of relationship with customers. It has amazed me how through e-mails and the BLADE Forum I am still able to maintain contact with you wonderful folks, almost as if we were standing there talking to each other. I still apologize for being so slow on stuff .... don't ever get old, it is bad for your body.

RE: The question on the mottled rawhide reinforcement .... that is done by hand with a small brush and brown leather dye before the rawhide is varnished. The goal, of course, is to eliminate visible straight lines and break up the outline so the hawk looks like an old branch laying on the ground (or as close as possible). Every one is different as they are all done by hand. Hope this information helps.

Again, THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!

TWO HAWKS
http://www.2hawks.net

I am also waiting for a military style Warhawk, which should actually be in my hands any day now. TwoHawks has been a total pleasure to deal with. In light of his health issues, he has given me progress updates and has apologized several times over for the delay. My own father has had health problems (heart also) over the past couple years, and these things literally take you out of commission. The professionalism and concern shown by TwoHawks for his customers has been first rate in every sense. It's really too bad that he's had to stress out over our orders, because in the scheme of things, they take a back seat to his getting back on his feet and back in good health. My best regards to TwoHawks.

I was just browsing the forum, because I love good knives and hawks. I couldn't help but see that you were an excellent craftsman in one of my favorite areas, but that you were ill. So sorry for you, and hope that you are rewarded for your hard work with a speedy and full recovery.

Back