• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

2" x 72" Belt Grinder kit $369.99

Dad told me; if it sounds too good to be true, it probable is not true.

In my 65 years on the planet the adage has proven correct.

Good luck with this gentlemen, Fred

I was in the same boat. The 2x42" keeps you grinding but is very limited. I just scored a Coote and just waiting for its arrival. I cant wait. Just need my motor and 2 3 steps pulleys and I am good to go!

Congrats on the KMG.....I have to say to myself....One day:thumbup::D

I started on Sears 2 X 42, then up graded to a Coote. They are a great grinder. They are pulley driven so you can even upgrade the motor to a variable speed, unlike the single speed Grizzly.

I did speak to Rob this past week and can't wait for my loaded KMG to get here next week:D

Update on this grinder. I guess I was one of the only people that paid..and got some sort of grinder. It was mis machined and parts missing such as the wheels, handles for slacking the belt off, broken handle for belt tracking and a few other minor things. I managed to re machine a few things, had the correct wheels and/or had Rob Frink make one with special arbor diameter for me. I connected a 3 hrspwr DC motor to it with variable speed control. I have it running and it tracks nicley, runs quietly, and is really a pretty good grinder. I use KMG arms that I already had...sooo..it is a pretty good grinder...and I should know...I have three KMGs, a Coote, a NWG and a homebuilt one as well!! Now a Hurley in Hiding Grinder. :eek: Ahhhh...the ups and downs of knife making. :D

So How many yall folks got boned by Wille boy?

I guess I'm one. I got the kit with all the wheels. Out $598.37 I guess. I have been watching this thread for a little while now. I DO understand the issues with a foreclosure, I am dealing with one myself. I don't understand the lack of communication. I would have understood if he just emailed me and said hey life sucks right now and I can't get your stuff for a little while. I would have been happy to just wait a few months, no big deal. I bought it on the 13th, Told him I would send the money on the 15th. Got a no problem on the 16th. Sent the money...and nothing. I asked a question and got nothing back. So I came here thinking I could see what's going on. I then emailed him asking about the money I sent. Last night I emailed him to tell him that I'm going through the same thing, but don't think ignoring us is a good idea. Nothing. I think I've come to terms with not getting my grinder or my money back, but I will only buy from an actual business. I think a KMG will be my next big buy.:(

Where are you in St. Louis John? I'm right across the river.

Its a shame. I was right on the edge of buying one of these and ended up getting a coote.

Mike: I am in Olivette...roughly I-170 and Olive St. Rd. My cell is 314 322 3222. Give me a call and perhaps we can get together sometime. I leave for Mexico in three days but call me end of November.

John Lloyd

Update on this grinder. I guess I was one of the only people that paid..and got some sort of grinder.

He did ship one small wave of grinder bodies, I was one who got them. Basically same parts you got. Told me he shipped 7 of them.

I'm guessing he has made off with somewhere between 7 & 8k in grinders and wheels based on the numbers sold on eBay.

I feel bad for the guys who sent checks because I have little faith they will ever see their money.

Mike: I am in Olivette...roughly I-170 and Olive St. Rd. My cell is 314 322 3222. Give me a call and perhaps we can get together sometime. I leave for Mexico in three days but call me end of November.

John Lloyd

That's one hell of a number! Have a good time in Mexico. I'll try to get a hold of you in early December. I live in Rosewood Heights. I was just down your way not that long ago for work. Small world. You can show me the grinder I was supposed to get.

Well we got our money refunded by Paypal. He only had $79 in his paypal account but fortunately since it was an ebay sale they covered the full amount. KMG will be getting a sale.
Good luck to the rest who are missing money. Its a pity to see this happening.

Grant

its to bad this did not work out becuase that looked like an ok grinder for the money

FWIW, PayPal refunded my money. For those of you who sent payment by check or money order, I'm really sorry for you. It sucks that you got taken by this guy.

If Wil has gotten himself into a jam (foreclosure or whatever) he really blew it by stopping comms and just skipping out on people. I imagine there will be a time, once he gets back on his feet, that he's going to want to make and sell knives... maybe even grinders. But at this point his name is mud in the custom knife world, and he's going to have a hard time with it.

Has anyone else heard anything?

I emailed Wil and asked him for the plans since there is no way anyone from here will try to by one now. No response go figure. If nothing else he is consistent!

Jake

Would one of you that actually received one of these grinders mind posting some measurements?

Thanks

Jake

I bought one and received some parts and not....so many parts...just enought to not make a grinder. Paypal would not refund my payment as they claimed it just wasn't up to snuff...not missing or not shipped. Go figure. I am contesting the entire sale thru Paypal.

You know what's really interesting? I could have bought a KMG platen setup for just a few bucks more than I lost. It's only $750! DAMN! I was a fool not to at least look at Beaumont's site! Would have been worth it.

Was this gonna be a KMG? No but I still feel like it had the potential to be a good grinder.
I might have to look at KMG myself again.

Still would be curious if some one would post measurements so we could just make them ourselves

Jake

Was this gonna be a KMG? No but I still feel like it had the potential to be a good grinder.
I might have to look at KMG myself again.

Still would be curious if some one would post measurements so we could just make them ourselves

Jake

will Wil Hurley ever show himself in this thread or on this forum again?

Back