1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

2000th Post Customer Appreciation 10 knife Giveaway

Discussion in 'Kershaw Knives / Zero Tolerance' started by kershawguy, Aug 22, 2012.

1. kershawguy

kershawguy Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Jun 11, 2005
    Hi Guys, First let me say that in my life I can see a path that I have traveled, that has been for the most part smooth, things have fallen in to place along the way at just the right times and as a result, I have been able to provide for my family, enjoy a lot of things and help a few others a long the way. These things did not happen because I planned them, therefore I give all the credit and the Glory to God, because left to my own plans and desires, It would have been an incredibly bumpy ride to say the least. That being said, I also appreciate My friends at Kershaw, Thomas, Diane and all the rest (too many to mention) for their support in my endeavors. Bladeforums for giving me an awesome place to do a large part of my business, and finally to you, my customers for all your purchases and your praise along the way. Thanks to all !!

Now the giveaway rules:
    1: You are eligible if you have ever purchased a knife from me, no matter where, or when it was, eBay (steelhead151), bladeforums (kershawguy), my website ( www.kershawguy.com ) or at a show.
    2: Post only once in this thread, if you post more than once, only your first post will count.
    3: Post a positive thought about life, knives, Kershaw, favorite quote, etc. Just make it an uplifting thought, I find plenty of negative stuff in the threads, so this one needs to be positive please.
    4: Contest will end Sept. 10th and I will have someone not involved in the contest do a random number drawing for the winners.
    5: If you are a winner and I do not recognize your name, I will ask for you to prove you were a customer, remember this is a customer appreciation giveaway.

The Prizes:

1st place: ZT knife of your choice, from the following 0560, 0350TS, 0350, 0700BLK, 0301, 0303, 0200, 0300, 0150, 0160, 0170, 0100, ZT-9
    2nd place: Junk Yard Dog 1725CB NIB w/zippered pouch
    3rd place: Rake 1780CB NIB
    4th place: Seven winners will receive their choice from many value priced Kershaws and overstocks that I have. List will be emailed to these winners.

2. gooeytek

gooeytek

Jul 12, 2011
    Dave, I love you. In a knifenut way, of course.

My dad always said "Life is always easier if you have the right tools" (Whether it's skills, character, attitude, or actual physical tools).

Thank you for selling Kershaw/ZT knives (and shipping them really fast!), and making their tools available even the blems to us who can't make it out to the NW.

3. bobpoptart

bobpoptart Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2008
    A few years ago, if you told me how many knives I'd have now, I would not have believed you. The majority of my knives are Kershaw because of their quality, price and customer service. The damascus skyline got me into knives and I hope there will be many more skyline variants. I get my Kershaws from Dave when he's got what I'm looking for. Thanks Dave.

4. beau007

beau007

Dec 10, 2009
    “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
    ― Dr. Seuss

Thank you for the chance and for the generous give-away. :thumbup:

5. BrentD86

BrentD86 Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Dave, you are a perfect example of how helpful this community can be. I have never seen a negative post from him and the great references that people give you reflect what sort of person you are. Maybe god has made your road of life pretty smooth as a result of what a good person you are. Win or not I look forward to future purchases and the great service that you provide.

6. Capbyrd

Capbyrd

Mar 15, 2012
    Thanks very much. This is a great giveaway but more than that, a great way to bring some positivity to a form that all too often has negativity strewn about. You rock!

You mentioned something about quotes so here is one of my favorites.

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious."

7. bladebertt

bladebertt

Sep 20, 2007
    Kershaw and ZT brands are proof that God wants us to be happy with our knives. :)

8. nwmetalbug

nwmetalbug

Jun 10, 2012
    There aren't many things in life that can bring the joy of opening a piece of mail and finding a knife that exceeds you're expectations. Thanks for what you do Dave.

9. kaniele

kaniele

Dec 12, 2009
    You know you're a knife nut when you're as excited for National Knife Day (8/24) as you're for X-Mas.

Another excuse for new knives!!!!

10. jacksterp

jacksterp

Jun 3, 2011
    Most recently, I received a Gentleman's folder from Dave.

The fit and finish is exemplary - and the overall look is stunning. I have received nothing but the best service and nicest knives I could ask for.

Thanks for the chance Dave, and keep up the good work.

11. chivilryman2

chivilryman2

May 4, 2011
    Dave thanks for this opportunity. I have a positive story for you. I have been into knives since I was little but everyone I knew thought I was crazy. Well at my wedding 2 years ago I gave knives to all of groomsman and parents as a gift. Well since then my brother, brother-in-law, mom, dad, and cousin have seen the light and now carry knives on them daily. They now know what it is like to have a knife when they need it and I'm glad to know that due to me my family is more prepared for what life throws at them.
    Dave thanks for everything you do for this community and I love buying from you because you are the best seller I've ever dealt with.

12. Drudge

Drudge

Jun 20, 2009
    "Let a smile be your umbrella" :D

13. chester22

chester22

Feb 1, 2012
    If I wasn't for knives my life would not be as great as it now. Knives are my life. I use them everyday as a Chef and a collector. They have been with me through thick and thin and have made me the man I am.. Every chance I get I give knives to close ones to pass my joy along.

Thanks Dave and God Bless

14. Hobo with a Rolex

Hobo with a Rolex

Jul 21, 2012
    I havent had the pleasure of doing business with you yet but I hope to in the future.

15. Bowman1911

Bowman1911

Dec 12, 2010
    Ok here goes... I was never a Kershaw/ZT kinda guy until the 0560 caught my eye. I ordered it then started reading about blade centering/play, yadda, yadda, yadda. I got mine (from you I might add :cool:) & it's perfect! Not one single flaw or even dislike I could find!!! Absolutely blew me away. So much so in fact, I haven't carried my CRK large Insingo since this knife got here!!!:eek: So, Kershawguy, I salute you & the knife you sent me. I 'm not the kinda guy who wins this kinda thing, so I ain't holdin' my breath, but thank you for the generous opportunity & thank you for changin' my kind about this brand!!!:thumbup:

16. kpiol

kpiol

Jul 7, 2012
    I ordered my first ever kershaw knife from the Kershawguy (somehow received it two days after I ordered, amazing). It was an orange skyline. I have to say more and more of my Internet time is spent on this forum, and I think I'll be out of money by the end of the year. Thanks for feeding my newly found addiction.

17. oregonknifenerd

oregonknifenerd

Dec 5, 2011
    I think I've purchased from you from here, your site, and in person but I don't think yet on eBay. I'll have to find something to knock that one off the list :)

Thomas is the man! We'd all love him back but cheers to a new era that will hopefully find our new mods posting more regularly and developing a bit of snarkiness of their own!
    We're lucky to have your knowledge and long history with the brand still and I hope you can keep poking your head in even as you maintain those amazing shipping times you are known for!

It also sounds like you've started a new era of your own taking the knife sales up full time but I hope you'll hit some of the larger shows in the area occasionally if only OKCA since the ZT offerings at brick and mortars here are pitiful. KAI-USA is in transition as well it sounds like with less reliance on the old KO series, lots of great new designs from Hinderer and others around the corner while we can still continue to rely on great stuff from RJM.. and production ramping up over seas to allow the ZT and high end lines to potentially double in size.

It's a great time to be interested in the brand and hanging out here with such great people! Thanks Dave for being a part of that and a long time member that helped make things what they are!

18. bad_juju

bad_juju Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 7, 2011
    I am actually carrying the ram I purchased from you today!
    Thanks much for this opportunity Dave, You are a great asset to this community.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

19. mmkjohnson1

mmkjohnson1

Jan 1, 2011
    "Don't bother just to be better than your peers. Try to be better than yourself." -unknown

Thanks for the chance Dave.

20. silentnoise

silentnoise

Sep 14, 2010
    Just wanted to say thanks for me and my friends. Alot of my friends are now avid knife nuts because of knives I have given them. Knives that I bought from you