2012 Fishing Thread- What did you catch, how, when? Let's see your pics.

HS, it's just not what you are used to.
We have grand fishing opportunities here.
Iaconelli did another show fishing the East River for striped bass and bluefish.
They ended up 1/2 hour walk from my house.

HS, it's just not what you are used to.
We have grand fishing opportunities here.
Iaconelli did another show fishing the East River for striped bass and bluefish.
They ended up 1/2 hour walk from my house.

you are right Ebb. its not what i am used to. i think its great that even large metros have fishing opportunities for the land lovers (folks with no boats). i really enjoy watching City Limits Fishing. gives me a different perspective on what others have to do in order to sink some line. if you go fishing this year take some pics of the area i would like to see it.

you know i have caught my fair share of catfish in my 25 yrs or more of fishing and i NEVER have caught an albino cat nor have i even seen a live one. good job! i would mount that sucker.

Since I am not much of a fish eater It was released alive and healthy so some one else might get the chance to catch it
I have went to only using circle hooks for cat because you don't get gut hooks
Roy

Since I am not much of a fish eater It was released alive and healthy so some one else might get the chance to catch it
I have went to only using circle hooks for cat because you don't get gut hooks
Roy

circle hooks pretty much hook themselves as well :thumbup:. congrats on the albino. i wouldnt have mounted it. i would sure as hell taken a picture of it and placed it on the wall LOL. i have never seen one and i have seen MANY catfisht

Hey OP, this looks to be Southern OR coast? Nice Ling you got there!

Thanks. It is Northern California. It is not that different from Southern Oregon. I have a bunch of good video of spearfishing but when ever I see a nice lingcod I get to excited and forget to film. This was great start to the year.

Matt

No pictures cause I trout fish using waters in streams and don't want to ruin anything when I fall. But I went about a month back and caught 7 rainbow trout. One of them was the biggest I have ever caught coming in at 18". May not sound big but for these small Carolina streams, it was a beast! Caught on a single hook mepps spinner.

No pictures cause I trout fish using waters in streams and don't want to ruin anything when I fall. But I went about a month back and caught 7 rainbow trout. One of them was the biggest I have ever caught coming in at 18". May not sound big but for these small Carolina streams, it was a beast! Caught on a single hook mepps spinner.

good stuff... i dont mean to be a dick but i am sort of a fly fishing conservative and with those small streams, wouldnt it be more of a challenge to fly fish for them instead of using crank gear? i tried crank gear on our small streams in our Mtns and i just slayed them. it was to the point of no challenge. thats what got me hooked on FF for trout. i grew up FF for pan fish out of our pond so i was already accustomed to FF'ing

A friend of mine came down to MS for a visit so I figured Id take her out to try and catch some catfish...we each got one a piece and got to call some owls out in the woods. When we cleaned the bigger one we found 4 beef livers in its gut, that bugger was picking us clean all day! All in all we didnt kill em but we had a blast and a tasty fish fry that week. Enjoy!

DSCF7535.jpg

DSCF7537.jpg

At 18", 3lbs and some change this one is a PB for my creek. Caught him last night about 10pm fishing a topwater frog on a weedline.
IMG_2988.jpg

Caught this tonight on a big white Streamer. 16.5"
Prettiest Trout I've caught for a long time.

IMG_2035.jpgIMG_2036.jpgIMG_2043.jpg

Gents, just nailed this HOG of a Largemouth yesterday! Biggest one of the year. It swallowed my lure, but luckily I could fit my entire hand in its mouth to perform some surgery. AWESOME stuff!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
^^AWESOME largemouth!

I just wandered in here, although it was back in February my lovely girlfriend landed this 8lb German Brown. He was pretty small from the spawn but his silhouette reminded me of fish several pounds heavier.

182992_1550010072068_1289580178_31241087_6306187_n.jpg

I've been catching bluegill and channel cats, nothing to write home about. Had a few decent largemouths, no hogs. Me and BIL have been trying to learn how to troll for muskie... so far nothing. BIL had a 4# striped bass last weekend, probably nicest fish in the boat so far.

Ive only been twice this year, both time to my best areas and have caught little. I think the fish are not there. Fishing pressure and three years of flooding have hurt a lot. But there are a lot of little ones so maybe in a few years the river will be good once again.

Took a solo 7 mile canoe trip yesterday and caught a few smallmouths. This is the last pic that my camera will take. It fell and broke. I did catch one about three lbs but it was after I dropped the camera. Caught the fish on half a Texas rigged Senko type worm with spinnerbait material run through them like crawdad tentacles.

06-26-2012004.jpg

06-14-2007002.jpg

06-26-2012002.jpg

Last edited:
A picture from my first trip in early June. Trying for largemouths . all i caught was a channel cat and a few little bass.

05-30-2012003.jpg

dip you only got out fishing twice so far!?!? I always enjoy reading your posts!!! Hope your feeling ok lately...Tom

Posted this in another thread already, but caught this 4.5# largemouth about a month ago...

IMG_2249.jpg

Went out of town for a wedding last weekend and had a chance to sneak away and fish for a couple hours. Caught 3 largemouth including this one (which bent up my spinnerbait)...

2012-06-20150442.jpg

Back