2012 Forum Knife by GEC - Who's Got Em? POST YOUR PICTURES!!

Ed suggested I post some pics. I'm not the best photographer and my wife is busy, but here you go. I love this knife. And the artwork on the tube is superb. I had to bust out last years knife for the photo shoot. Sorry the pics ain't the greatest, but some in hand shots...Enjoy!

Thanks again to everyone who got this beautiful knife into my hands. I couldn't be more pleased with it.

DSCF8286.jpg

DSCF8288.jpg

DSCF8289.jpg

DSCF8290.jpg

DSCF8292.jpg

DSCF8293.jpg

Last edited:
I really wish I could have gotten last years knife...that one really speaks to me. Still waiting for this years...Monday hopefully!

I took a few pictures with my better camera today - This is one fine knife! Thanks to the 2012 Project Team and Spark - he really got these shipped out in a hurry!

DSC_9170.JPG

DSC_9177.JPG

DSC_9176.JPG

best

mqqn

Instead of adding these to my previous post, I'll just add them here. Please excuse my pics, I shoot guns much better than cameras, and it is quite a dreary day.
ETA That isn't a scratch, it is a hair from my "helper" cat.

IMG_2131.jpg

IMG_2135.jpg

The next few are to give a sense of scale.

Full size Case Trapper

IMG_2134.jpg

IMG_2140.jpg

GEC made Schrade Fire and Ice Trappers. Same as 23 & 73 pattern.

IMG_2133.jpg

Sorry for the off topic question, BUT, Gruntmedik, how do you like that large Schrade Trapper? I've been tempted for years to get one of those. I think your picture may have just pushed me over the edge. It looks really nice! And so do all of your other knives in those pics above. I hope tomorrow is the day that my forum knife arrives (holding breath w/fingers crossed).

Thanks in advance for any comments you might have about the Schrade. Cheers!

Sorry for the off topic question, then why ask it BUT, Gruntmedik, how do you like that large Schrade Trapper? I've been tempted for years to get one of those. I think your picture may have just pushed me over the edge. It looks really nice! And so do all of your other knives in those pics above. I hope tomorrow is the day that my forum knife arrives (holding breath w/fingers crossed).

Thanks in advance for any comments you might have about the Schrade. Cheers!

Plenty of Schrade Fire & Ice reviews via the search function.

The Wharncliffe's tip is finer than a needle. I think this is the thinnest blade (at the tip) that I have. It will be interesting exploring its uses.

img2983hz.jpg

img2984p.jpg

i dont have one, so this is just academic curiosity
but is the top so fine as to be be fragile? just wondering

The Wharncliffe's tip is finer than a needle. I think this is the thinnest blade (at the tip) that I have. It will be interesting exploring its uses.

Nice pics Josh. The only thing I'd advise is if you have the point imbedded in a cut of some kind (say whittling a piece of wood) don't try to flick the cut piece away from the piece you're cutting it from. In other words, no sideways flick of the wrist/hand when cutting. A couple of guys have reported breaking the point of a wharncliffe blade by doing that.

Nice pics Josh. The only thing I'd advise is if you have the point imbedded in a cut of some kind (say whittling a piece of wood) don't try to flick the cut piece away from the piece you're cutting it from. In other words, no sideways flick of the wrist/hand when cutting. A couple of guys have reported breaking the point of a wharncliffe blade by doing that.

Thank you! I don't think that any kind of lateral force is a good idea with this kind of blade. It is a pure slicer.

That Wharncliffe blade on this 2012 Formu Knife is very nice. I'd be interested in seeing GEC bring this knife (or one very close to it) out under the GEC brand and wouldn't mind seeing a single blade knife with this Wharncliffe blade.

The highlight of my day Friday was getting my forum knives out of the post office box. I love it when the shipping box is that perfect size - slides right in from their side, but smaller than the door opening on my side. I won the battle, with the box worse for wear. Here's a lineup of the Forum knives I have (I missed out on the ring opener).

DSCF1473.jpg

DSCF1476.jpg

DSCF1477.jpg

DSCF1478.jpg

That Wharncliffe blade on this 2012 Formu Knife is very nice. I'd be interested in seeing GEC bring this knife (or one very close to it) out under the GEC brand and wouldn't mind seeing a single blade knife with this Wharncliffe blade.

If I'm reading this aright, that's in the works...?

~ P.

Back