1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

2016 year in review

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Phillip Patton, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Phillip Patton

Phillip Patton KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 25, 2005
    Howdy folks!
    It's that time of year again, where I post pictures of all the knives I made in the previous year. Well, except for a few that I didn't take pictures of. Many of these have not been seen here before.

In 2016, I invested a lot of money in camera gear (not that that was necessary, but it's fun) and in the latter part of the year, I started acquiring more backgrounds to use in my pictures. I also invested a lot of time in learning how to take and edit better pictures (not as much fun, but definitely necessary). I still have a lot to learn (and gear to acquire. ha!), but hopefully y'all can see some progress being made.

As always, thanks for looking, and your comments and critiques are welcome.

Without further ado, and in no particular order, my 2016 output:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Phillip Patton

Phillip Patton KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 25, 2005
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Phillip Patton

Jul 25, 2005
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Phillip Patton

Jul 25, 2005
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Phillip Patton

Jul 25, 2005
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Phillip Patton

Jul 25, 2005
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Phillip Patton

Jul 25, 2005
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Phillip Patton

Jul 25, 2005
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Phillip Patton

Jul 25, 2005
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Phillip Patton

Jul 25, 2005
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  11. Big Rick

Big Rick Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Phillip, some very nice pieces there. I particularly like the Kukuri in post #6 and the Loveless Dixon fighter post #1. My favourite is The Fighter/ Bowie in post #2

12. Lorien

Lorien Moderator Moderator

Dec 5, 2005
    way to keep busy, dude!

13. R APPLEBY

R APPLEBY KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 11, 2003
    A great display of your efforts, all very nice, thanks for showing

14. Matteo Escobar

Matteo Escobar

Feb 26, 2002
    I love the kwaikens with the integral sheaths! (Hope my terms are correct)

15. Chris Meyer

Chris Meyer Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Phillip, those are all very nice! I particularly like this one
    113016-2.jpg

and this one.
    011117-20.jpg

Also, what is the wood for this handle? It's very interesting.
    011117-24.jpg

16. Storm Crow

Storm Crow KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 12, 2006
    Very good year!

17. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike Sober since 1-7-14 (still a Paranoid Nutjob) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 1, 2000
    This one is on my wall in my living room. Its the only one I'd actually display.

[​IMG]

18. i4Marc

i4Marc KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2011
    A year to be proud of for sure.

19. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Funny. I was watching when you posted. Had not refreshed for a while, and I was going to say I know for a fact you made more than you had shown, because I agonize over every one you post up for sale......Watching until they sell. Wishing I was in a position to snap them all up!

20. falar

falar Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2012
    Those tantos......wow.

Love those Xiphos inspired ones too. Damn nice.