1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

2017 CRKT's

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by clearkevin, Jan 11, 2017.

1. clearkevin

clearkevin Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 7, 2014
  2. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
  3. dkb45

dkb45 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2012
    2 or 3 new lefty friendly models. Not cool. The budget production Hi Jinx looks the most appealing, but at that price it will be like $60 for a knife in 4116 and with plastic handles. I hate to say it, but I might be totally passing on CRKT this year.

4. BladeScout

BladeScout

May 16, 2010
    Homefront and Humdinger looks like, they'd make for good hunting/companion knives.

Quite like the Muzzlebrake.

The Thighe Breaker looks ugly as sin.

The Tecpatl should be drug behind a shed and put out of its misery THEN nuked from space.

5. brancron

brancron Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 14, 2011
  6. Mannlicher

Mannlicher

Nov 19, 2008
    wish they would use a different steel than AUS8. For the price they charge, it could easily be done.

7. clearkevin

clearkevin Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 7, 2014
  8. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    It's all good, I honestly don't think there's any problem with having a couple of threads on the subject. :)

9. hkyew

hkyew

Apr 3, 2007
    The last CRKT i bought was Jettison, and it was because of the hype reviews on YT, which i regretted. Other than that, think the 2017 lineup doesnt interest me. IMO CRKT is becoming overpriced for the quality of material, and you can easily find better alternatives in the market nowadays even for the cheap knives in $30+ range. Kershaw Link for example, you can get it for $36 made in USA.

10. BusyBailey

BusyBailey

Jun 19, 2015
    I'm definately eyeing the Pillar and Batum models. I nuetered my Bryd Cara Cara a few years back when I thought I was about to move somewhere with short blade length laws and feel like the Pillar is a sleeker looking version. Also probably picking up a Snailor or two.
    I'm a bit surprised at myself, I already swore off CRKT due to their steel issues this past year but it's hard to mess up a nice budget knife, 8Cr is 8Cr after all. I'll just stay in the shallow end this year and save my big money for a PM2.

11. G. Scott H.

G. Scott H. Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 9, 2006
  12. nick21

nick21

Feb 22, 2014
    I still like the Noma

13. AusLoX

AusLoX Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2015
    I'd say they are spot on to the real thing.

[​IMG]