2017 northeast beckerhead spring gathering.

Study hard this is going to be a contest.
Bring some cordage.

Last edited:
Ok I've got the 5th off of work so I'm in. Not sure what portion of the family is coming yet I'll update before the weekend is out hopefully

Shall I do the usual for friday night & saturday lunch? Or do we want to do something different?

Can't wait to see you guys.
How about Saturday lunch?

What should we bring ? More water, more beer ? Was what we brought last time good ?

^yeah, this. please let me know what to bring. normal stuff i usually bring to these types of deals: a flat of water, some good VT beer, bourbon and a LOT of pork products. :D

Water is always a great idea. We are lacking snack foods and deserts....

Jeremy

What should we bring ? More water, more beer ? Was what we brought last time good ?

Perfect.
Can't wait to see you and family.
^yeah, this. please let me know what to bring. normal stuff i usually bring to these types of deals: a flat of water, some good VT beer, bourbon and a LOT of pork products. :D

That would be perfect.

Water is always a great idea. We are lacking snack foods and deserts....

Jeremy

Yes. We need more Doritos.

Perfect.
Can't wait to see you and family.

That would be perfect.

Yes. We need more Doritos.

lol. ok, thanks guys. i didn't mention, but i always travel with a couple bags of chips too. :D i will make one of them a bag of doritos. also, how about i bring down a pan of rice crispy treats or something? easy and delicious!

You should be good if/since you're bringing venison...

Study hard this is going to be a contest.
Bring some cordage.

I have an abundance of cordage.....I will try and cull some of it. Got a bunch of jute twine as well, plus a couple surprises.

Also...I will be bringing along the air rifles. That's right, plural. Should have the second one set up for after hours shooting by that time....
Bringing archery target and bows so young people can shoot, too.
I am SO looking forward to this.

I have never needed to shorten a rope in the middle like that. I just untie and retie an end but then again I am not a sailor nor do I pretend to be. I have always seen the sheepshank as an academic knot. You know it just to know it. There are variations that are supposed to be more reliable. If you are in the woods I always figured you could just insert a short stick of the appropriate diameter into each of the two loops. That would keep it from coming apart under load but would not do much about it coming apart when it is too slack. The knot needs some tension but not too much so it has a small window of functionality.

Getting excited, we are getting close.
I need to get my stuff together.

Back