1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

2X waved Spyderco Szabo folders?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Charlie Mike, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike Sober since 1-7-14 (still a Paranoid Nutjob) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 1, 2000
    Should I do it? I'm considering purchasing a pair and waving them. It would be one helluva weapons presentation to draw both at one time. One in each hand in the edge out icepick grip.

2. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    The Szabo would look wicked, Matt anything you wave comes out awesome, in surprised after all these years on the forum together I never asked you to wave something for me. I gotta look and see what I got, maybe my Spyderco Terzuola, it was the first Spyderco collaboration.

Wave away Matt.

3. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike Sober since 1-7-14 (still a Paranoid Nutjob) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 1, 2000
    [​IMG]

4. mr_badexample

mr_badexample Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Cool shirt!

5. Bugout Bill

Bugout Bill

Jan 2, 2013
    That would be a terrifying sight, two szabos from nowhere! Do it.

6. DD1

DD1

Feb 29, 2008
    My vote is yes, sir. Yes those are nice and pretty knives but they lack an important function that would make them 100 times better and more effective. Yes sir, increase their deadly potential I say

7. Virre87

Virre87

Sep 22, 2012
    Now i might flag myself as a dumbass, but from what i can see on this knife, its one of few folders you also could sharpen the swedge on without slicing up your pocket and / or hand?

PS: Can't wait for the moded karambit from you! :p

8. orca8589

orca8589 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 27, 2007
    Matt - I think yer too chicken. You can't do it.

The Szabo is too much knife for you. You'll open the box, put the knife on the table - then it'll snap & growl at you, you'll scream like a little girl, and then run. It'll chase you down, shave your head, tie you up & throw you in the closet, then drink all your Diet Pepsi in the fridge, and use your Visa card to order pizza, and taunt you the whole time it's doing it.

And two of them? That amount of awesomeness in one room might kill you . . . or worse, they'll make you wet yourself. Having two of them in your pockets would be like matter & anti-matter. You'd just explode.

You better stay with something safe. I have a day-glo pink Spyderco Ladybug that you can have.

Wuss.

Weinie.

So, is that enough negative motivation for you? Good. Now get on it and wave those bad boys. You know you want to.

:D

It's one of those designs that Spyderco should have designed a wave into when it was on the drawing board. I just bought a ZT 0200 you cut a wave into, and it works beautifully.

Post up a WIP thread and pics when you do it. :thumbup:

~Chris

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  9. darkangel55555

darkangel55555

Aug 17, 2007
    Matriarch would be a better intimidator, I figure. Szabo is heavy for what you get, and you'll have the hassle of removing the auto-close feature.

How good are you at closing a comp lock while in icepick in each hand?

If you do, let me know how the setup works for you. I'll stick to my Kestrel Feather thanks.

10. RemyKaze

RemyKaze Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Do it. I'm thinking of buying one myself and want to see your wave job on them.

11. Delta Zero

Delta Zero

Jul 13, 2012
    If you do, post pictures. I have one and I might just have to send it to you if I like what I see. I am also thinking about that double edge suggestion from Virre. Let's see what you get, Charlie.

12. SHKnives

SHKnives

May 27, 2013
    The Szabo is already a beast but I think waving it would be awesome! Post pics if you do it.

13. Charlie Mike

Nov 1, 2000
    Ok guys. Just pulled the trigger.

14. orca8589

orca8589 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 27, 2007
    Where did you get them from? You can PM me if it's not a paying distributor here. I'm building a collection of Spyderco right now, and I have the Navaja, and I'm thinking about adding the Szabo to the stable as well. It'll be interesting to see how they turn out.

I just bought a ZT 0200 from scsu74 that you waved, and it works great.

~Chris

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  15. Charlie Mike

Nov 1, 2000
    I ordered from BladeHQ.

16. Charlie Mike

Nov 1, 2000
    I have waved a Szabo before. Until they arrive, watch this.

[video=youtube;Tpej0cNXCIY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpej0cNXCIY[/video]

17. Charlie Mike

Nov 1, 2000
    Got em...

[​IMG]

18. Tim20637

Tim20637

Jan 10, 2010
    I'm looking forward to seeing these waved in action.

19. Charlie Mike

Nov 1, 2000
    [​IMG]

They work great!

20. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    That didn't take long but ya cut the ticks head off :eek:.