1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

4" Stockman - Pictures

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by thawk, May 12, 2012.

1. thawk

thawk

Oct 28, 2006
    Cloudy overcast and drizzling, a tough morning for pictures of blades, but great for handles. All of these are Schrade USA made knives except one Camillus.

[​IMG]

2. supratentorial

supratentorial Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Cool photo! Love the peach seed on #1, 4 and 5. Is #6 a rehandle? Looks really nice!

3. thawk

thawk

Oct 28, 2006
    #6 is a rehandle by Herman Williams.

4. pertinux

pertinux Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 1, 2012
    I'll say! Of course, it helps if you start with great handles. Those are beautiful! Honkin' big, but beautiful.

~ P.

5. 2Dead

2Dead Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2009
    They look great!! I'm with Jake on the favorites :)

6. biglmbass

biglmbass

Jan 26, 2005
    Great display.

7. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Very nice Hal. Quite a collection. That rehandle is well done. #3 really stands out.

I've always found the 4" Stockman to be a very comfortable carry in the front pocket. Here is a 4" Case 6392 Stockman I have from the 1970s.

[​IMG]

8. Humppa

Humppa

Jul 25, 2010
    Well, I don´t have a pic right now, but is the Buck 301 over 4"? I think so, imo this should be posted here definitelly.

Kind regards
    Andi

9. edbeau

edbeau

Jan 20, 2006
    The 4" stockman is my favorite pocket knife. Here are a couple of Frontiers.

[​IMG]

10. edbeau

edbeau

Jan 20, 2006
    Here are the colors of the Frontier 4" 44 series knives.

[​IMG]

11. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    I've been carrying my Queen #9 off and on for about 4 months now. Great knife. It took me a while to clean up the edges, but worth the effort.

[​IMG]

12. thawk

thawk

Oct 28, 2006
    Thanks for adding to the thread guys. Ed, that red bone is a dandy. My favorite color for that Case era. #3 is probably the newest in the lineup there. It is a New York Knife Company commemorative. Very fat stag. Nice wood on the Queen too Jeff.

13. sitflyer

sitflyer Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Humpa, I think the dis-continued Model #307 fits the bill on this one ;)
    This one has a worn down main blade, but it's still quite a workhorse...

[​IMG][/IMG]

14. Humppa

Humppa

Jul 25, 2010
    Thank you sitflyer!

I still have little problems with your american lenght-system. We use the metric system here. But that 307 looks really like a great workinghorse :)

Kind regards
    Andi

15. navihawk

navihawk

Feb 21, 2006
    Hal, I've always enjoyed your collection of Schrades. I'm jealous. Nothing like an old knife.

16. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Very nice knives but I too am partial to 1,4 and 5

17. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Hal....absolutely awesome knives there mate!, the Camillus...number 7? and I agree, with everyone, that rehandle is a stunner...what I would do to have those at my home...you are a lucky guy Hal, thanks for sharing.

18. jeffsaul

jeffsaul

Jun 21, 2009
    I'll add my addition to the Stockman show, a 4-1/4" Ken Erickson beauty, fabulous!

Jeff

Yellow_Stockman_KE.jpg

19. supratentorial

supratentorial Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Nice!

Here are a few stock knives that are in the ball park of 4" closed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. 300Bucks

300Bucks Moderator Moderator

Apr 19, 2005
    As is normal, great knives and photos by all. Hawk, always enjoy your old schrades. Otherwise, am always sorta shocked to see other people with Buck knives, thought I was the only one....ha 300